Wiki Posts
Search

GRU - AEP flights ending?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
GRU - AEP flights ending?

I have a trip planned to BA in May and have been monitoring direct flights between GRU and AEP. Recently Google Flights stopped showing flights from GRU to AEP past March 28, 2019 and returns (AEP-GRU) past March 31, 2019. I'm also unable to pull up any direct flights on EF past these dates.

Anyone have insight into whether AR will continue to service GRU - AEP past March of this year?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I thought there was a plan to move all international flying (except Uruguay) out of AEP on all airlines. I'm not up on the timing of implementation or if it is actually going through, but this might be an indication.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Half of the flights stopped last May , with the rest to stop some time in 2019. It was originally meant to be at the beginning of April but because of runway repairs at Ezeiza it was postponed for a month

But it certainly looks like April is the month this year when services to Brazil , Chile and Paraguay are transfered to EZE
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by malagajohn
Half of the flights stopped last May , with the rest to stop some time in 2019. It was originally meant to be at the beginning of April but because of runway repairs at Ezeiza it was postponed for a month

But it certainly looks like April is the month this year when services to Brazil , Chile and Paraguay are transfered to EZE
Is AEP so busy with domestic travel that they had to move everything international (except Uruguay) to EZE?

Losing the convenience factor of AEP is very much non-trivial.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.