Aeromexico is on the news again

Old Jan 11, 19, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Aeromexico is on the news again

The story of Flight 662: Crying babies, fainting passengers, arrests during four-hour nightmare at Oakland airport

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 13, 19 at 5:22 pm Reason: Please use standard font
Old Jan 11, 19, 9:47 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
I can't lie. After 4 hours on a tarmac, I might be threatening to open the emergency slide too.
embarcadero1 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jan 11, 19, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

I just wonder why the pilot did not turn on the air condition.
Old Jan 11, 19, 3:02 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Shame on that flight crew, they should be arrested and charged with kidnapping and attempted murder. Aeromexico should be banned from flying into the country for criminal activity.

Those 2 hero passengers should be rewarded for their actions.
embarcadero1 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 19, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by DCP2016 View Post
Shame on that flight crew, they should be arrested and charged with kidnapping and attempted murder. Aeromexico should be banned from flying into the country for criminal activity.

So by your criteria every singe AMERICAN airline should be banned to as they have ALL done the same thing or worst. [Moderator edit.]

RFNJ likes this.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jan 13, 19 at 11:23 pm Reason: Per FT Rule 12 to discuss the issues in a non-personalized way.
Old Jan 11, 19, 4:14 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum - Princess Cruises Platinum - Herts Presidents Circle - Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by DCP2016 View Post

100% Agree

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 13, 19 at 5:25 pm Reason: Removed OMNI type comments
Old Jan 11, 19, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mama View Post
I just wonder why the pilot did not turn on the air condition.
The only reason I can think of is that the pilot is saving fuel (at the cost of passengers discomfort) so he can fly to SFO later without additional fueling.
Old Jan 12, 19, 11:33 am
GDL

Programs: AM, UA, 4O
Aeromexico has no facilities in place at Oakland International Airport. That sure contributed to the long wait on tarmac instead of pulling into gate and disembarking. But at the most that I think an 60-90 wait for airline and airport to figure out a gate location, ground crew, etc to service the aircraft. BUT from passenger reports the crew and pilots failed the passengers miserably during that ordeal. I know it came rather close for the 4 hour limit to take effect on AM but they should still be fined and penalized for the treatment of its passengers.
I take that specific route maybe 4-5 times a year and I never have more than a coffee at GDL because I like to have a decent meal at arrival into SFO. I'm sure I would have been sick or have fainted had I been on that flight. No water, hot conditions, no food, and likely no communication from flight deck. What a nightmare.
Old Jan 12, 19, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Update

Flight 662 backstory: Why Aeromexico took nearly five hours to release passengers from plane at Oakland airport

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 13, 19 at 5:23 pm Reason: Use standard font
Old Jan 12, 19, 8:24 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by pmlflyer View Post
So by your criteria every singe AMERICAN airline should be banned to as they have ALL done the same thing or worst. [Conforming Moderator edit to original quote]..
No. This was an Aermexico issue plain and simple. US airlines HAVE done this and worse, difference being, the crews (mainly the pilots) are doing their job and trying to get a gate, takeoff, or get passengers off the plane ASAP. If you listen to the time a B6 flight diverted to BDL during a winter storm (an airport they didn't serve at the time and all gates were filled), you could hear the pilots PLEADING with ATC/Airport Ops to get a gate, and that the airline wasn't even helping them out.

In this case, the airport (OAK) was trying to help them out but the Aermexico crew wasn't having any of it. They only got somewhere when the awful crew wanted two people arrested for something they didn't even do. Shame on them and like I said, they need to be charged.
embarcadero1 likes this.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jan 13, 19 at 11:29 pm Reason: See note above in quote.
Old Jan 13, 19, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Cabin Fever: Aeromexico Passengers Stuck on Diverted Plane Call 911

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 13, 19 at 5:24 pm Reason: Use standard font
Old Jan 13, 19, 8:18 am
Original Poster

So, according to Oakland airport's statement, it was Aeromexico's decision to detain all the passengers on board (AND turned off air condition).

Last edited by Mama; Jan 14, 19 at 1:31 am
Old Jan 13, 19, 4:56 pm

AA154 and Delta 1201? aren't those 2 of the worst in history?
Old Jan 13, 19, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
OAK may have been willing to help, however till US CBP allowed the plane to deplane the door can NOT be opened. Even when the plane pulls up to the jetway, the door can't be opened till US CBP says it can be.
Old Jan 16, 19, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Aeromexico’s mind-boggling treatment of passengers

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: