Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why doesn't Spirit have its own forum?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Why doesn't Spirit have its own forum?

They are bigger than Frontier, fly millions, and have a viable frequent flyer program for those that actually fly them regularly (even without the credit card). They are currently the number 1 on time carrier. I fly them every month now. What's the deal?
lowmiles likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA, WN, NK
I would also like a(n?) NK forum.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:59 am
Suspended

I would like a CA forum, a AM forum. a CI forum, a MU forum.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: Marriott Plat. Life
I came to this thread wondering the same...
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:14 pm

I'm actually wondering why F9 has not been condensed into this forum, given their (now completed) shift to ULCC.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Probably because it would be nothing but a whine and complain forum and no one wants to moderate it. Fly Spirit if you are desperate.
Spiff likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:28 pm

Or because the subject drew only 5 posts in 7 weeks...?
Spiff and tcook052 like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Spirit forum was discussed frequently when Talkboard (TB) existed & reasons for why it didn't is in that forum (archived). Whether those reasons are still valid can be debated. Them being #1 & some FTers flying them regularly is not the criteria for new forums

At one time in TB there was a sticky for criteria for new forums. Evidently that disappeared when the forum was closed/archived. Perhaps the mods in this forum can find it & post it here so some can put together their case for a Spirit forum.

Actually, JDiver incorporated that info into the Welcome post in this forum. Criteria here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27612638-post3.html

Cheers.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I'm glad that there isn't a Spirit forum. People who are "surprised" by Spirit's model and/or had a bad experience with Spirit would be tempted to create an account just to vent and then never come back (drive-by/run-and-gun posting). Of course, that type of posting is not discouraged here (despite our frustrations with them) because others will respond with useful answers that newbies can learn from. But, if 90% of a forum consists of those types of posts, then the forum probably won't be very productive.

Last edited by diburning; Mar 7, 2019 at 8:16 pm
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by diburning
I'm glad that there isn't a Spirit forum. People who are "surprised" by Spirit's model and/or had a bad experience with Spirit would be tempted to create an account just to vent and then never come back (drive-by/run-and-gun posting). Of course, that type of posting is not discouraged here (despite our frustrations with them) because others will respond with useful answers that other can learn from. But, if 90% of a forum consists of those types of posts, then the forum probably won't be very productive.
I totally agree with you. We do not need a spirit stinks forum, even if it is true.
Spiff and lo2e like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
I'd put in a vote for a Spirit forum. Maybe have a sticky for "Complaints from First-Time Spirit Flyers"
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:44 pm

I will put. in a vote for Spirit bankruptcy
Spiff likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.