Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromexico High Pricing

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Aeromexico High Pricing

So I was looking at a domestic flight from MEX in April in J and I was shocked that its quoting a non-refundable fair at c.£800 ($1000) per passenger. Even coach is only a couple hundred $ less. And this is a 2hr flight. Is this normal or do prices start to vary or get offers in sales in the new year? Concerned about prices rising but its already a crazy price and includes a Sat night etc. Suggestions welcome - or do I just have to put down those dollars?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: AeroMexico Club Premiere
Aeromexico is the priciest of the carriers, and the only domestic carrier with a business class. Where are you headed to from MEX? If you are not set on business class (on Aeromexico you will most likely be on a Embraer anyway) I would suggest interjet or volaris. I fly Aeromexico exclusively, but that is a route/schedule/mileage accrual issue.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:42 pm
GDL

Programs: VB, UA, AM
Yes AM is consistently the more expensive option within Mexico. But perhaps you are looking at flying around "semana santa" when demand/prices go higher anyway. What destination are you looking for? 2 hour flights are okay in Y with other carriers.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:48 am
Original Poster

It is high season probably - going to SJD around Easter. But still it feels extraordinarily expensive! That said Y is relatively not much less. I know Y is fine for 2 hours (used to it in Europe), but I was keen to try a new airline J and I don't have status on the local airlines so would be good to have premium security, lounge access etc. Which is the best Y option? On the return connecting to a BA flight, so the most convenient terminal etc. would be helpful in MEX.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:08 am
Suspended

Just FYI...
Aeromexico don't serve any meals on domestic flights, even in J. Only peanuts, nuts, and drinks.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:13 pm
GDL

Programs: VB, UA, AM
Originally Posted by YClass
On the return connecting to a BA flight, so the most convenient terminal etc. would be helpful in MEX.
British Airways departs out of MEX from Terminal 1. The other four airlines that service SJD, Volaris, VivaAerobus, Interjet, and MagniCharters also use Terminal 1 for MEX operations. If you were to take these it would be an easier transition to your BA flight. I do not know the baggage interlining agreements between these LCCs and BA, or AM and BA for that matter. But you would avoid taking the terminal train or shuttles to transfer to T1 at least.
If booking AM J, the only additional service you will enjoy is the separate dedicated check-in lane. As others have noted, no food service is provided between these two cities beyond a drinks and snacks. No faster security lanes either. No AM lounge at SJD. Private lounges are available at both SJD and MEX if flying LCC; nothing impressive at either in my opinion.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:36 pm

I’d recommend you look at flying Interjet. Their service in Y is at least as good as Aeromexico in short haul domestic J in my opinion. Volaris or Viva are more like Ryanair or EasyJet.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks for useful advice! Sounds like Interjet it is.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.