Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aerolineas Argentinas New Status Match (Airline and Hotel FFPs)

Aerolineas Argentinas New Status Match (Airline and Hotel FFPs)

Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:44 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by LaxCph
denied.
very brief response...
from which email address did you get this?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:57 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's a bit odd that Hilton was one of the hotel chains listed in the initial announcement, yet the Hilton in BsAs reflagged several years ago. Other hotel chains seem to be relatively more prominent in Argentina, such as Hyatt (with two PHs in the country, including a very prestigious property that's highly respected by the locals in BsAs) and Starwood (two Sheratons and a LC in BsAs, although the Sheraton in the part on the Argentina side of the Falls has reflagged).

What are you talking about? The Hilton in Buenos Aires has been the Hilton in Buenos Aires for going on nearly 20 years. And the Hilton in BA has been very prominent in the city for the entirety of the time. [Ok, sometimes their blue sign on the building was a bit dim or had a letter or two without light, but I've not had a single taxi driver who has had a problem finding this Hilton. On the other hand, for some years my taxi drivers repeatedly couldn't figure out what the Park Hyatt hotel was after the Park Hyatt lost a building in Recoleta to Four Seasons and returned after an absence from the city for several years. And all of my Argentine contacts in the political and business realms seemed to know the Hilton very well.

In my many years of using a lot of hotels in Buenos Aires, the Hilton in Buenos Aires seemed to get more fashionable Argentine conferences/attendees and other events at and around it than the Starwood hotels in Buenos Aires.

If AR gave me the status match or even conditioned it on flying a handful of AR flights, I probably would have considered adding them to my future travel mix. I still may, but they have a rather well-deserved historical reputation and were thus not the carrier of choice for frequent flying Argentines doing lots of long-haul trips.

Last edited by GUWonder; Feb 14, 2019 at 12:05 pm
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I would love to hear that someone gets positive results on this promotion. But it does not look too promising.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: Southwest, United, American Airlines
Does anybody have the number for Aerolineas Plus???

The webstie shows this number: 0810-222-86527

But, I'm unable to call it via Skype because I believe it's a toll free number.

Looking for a non "toll free" number I can call via Skype down to Argetina. I speak Spanish well enough where I think I could get them to do the match over the phone.

No luck for me via email.

Thanks.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
This airline is impossible to reach by email. Even their press department emailaddress bounces back.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:03 pm

I think this was a total scam.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: TK *G
nothing too. [email protected] has long been removed and can't be emailed to.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:43 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I think we should all just call it a day, and close this thread
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:56 pm

I think their planes still have a fax machine. We should try contacting them lololol :P

What a joke of an airline.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I finally received a reply from AR's spokesperson:

because of the number of request received, Aerolíneas Plus had decided to restrict the match only to argentine and southamerican residents.
The fact that this means they altered the terms and conditions after the fact is ridiculous.
Sciamano likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:16 pm

Appears someone did not think their offer through and got caught with their pants down.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:16 pm

Someone should file suit and complaints and see if they back peddle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.