Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aeromexico Missing Segment and Seat Assignments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, United Silver

I'm not sure if this is just an IT bug or if I should be concerned, so I thought I'd post here. Thanks in advance for any help!

I bought four discounted J (I fare to be exact) one-way BOS-MEX-CUN Clase Premiere tickets back in April for travel FEB 2019. (Delta C+ on return due to timing.) Confirmed that we had 1E/1F/2E/2F on both segments. Fast forward 6 months, and a few days ago both the AM app and website now show the trip as MEX-CUN instead of BOS-CUN. I've deleted the trip from my Club Premier account and added it again using both the record locator and the ticket number just to see if I could get it to refresh, to no avail.

If I look at the flight details on the AM site, it now shows that we've been moved to 1C/1D/2C/2D and the MEX-CUN segment is now an Embraer 190 with 1-2 seating up front. Not a big deal, but obviously there has been a change of metal. In addition to it no longer showing the BOS-MEX segment, I'm also surprised to see that instead of Clase Premiere it shows "Flexible Fare (Main Cabin)" and 1 standard bag included for each passenger (no longer 2).

Loading the TripCase eTicket Receipt from my AM email, it does show this for the MEX-CUN segment:
Class CLASE PREMIER
Seat Number 01C (CONFIRMED)
Baggage Allowance 2PC

And it looks like my first segment is still attached here, except that I no longer have a seat assignment:
Class CLASE PREMIER
Seat Number CHECK-IN REQUIRED
Baggage Allowance 2PC

The travel is as a family of four with small (but well-behaved frequent flyer) children, so we need to be seated together and DD really wants a window in Row 1. Should I be concerned and call AM immediately or just wait this out? Any chance one or both segments really have dropped to Y fares? I vs Y is 200% vs 125% RDMs and more importantly 40% vs 25% MQDs which could mean the difference between FO and GM for the kids for 2020.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:50 pm

This happened to me as well. After calling AM, I found out it was due to a slight schedule change. Even though I confirmed online, they still needed more confirmation from me. The good thing is that the USA AM number had a very short wait time and I was able to get it settled quite painlessly.
KinBOS likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.