Wiki Posts
Search

Air Transat [TS] 6 hours flight delay VCE-YUL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Air Transat [TS] 6 hours flight delay VCE-YUL

Hi !

I'm now in Venice and our flight to Montreal have been delayed for at least 6 hours. They gave us 22 euros voucher for eating. What could we expect now ?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
What is the reason for the delay? You are owed a duty of care (food, drink, accommodation if necessary). You may possibly be paid some compensation depending on the reason and extent of your delay.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:22 am
Original Poster

No reason was given, is not a meteo thing because all other flights (including 2 to Canada) have departed.

only thing they gave us is a 22 euro meal voucher. Does eu261 applies ?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Focus on what is important, that is, getting to YUL. What would you do if the voucher is all you get? For planning purposes, that is your starting point. Maybe you will qualify for EUR 600 in delay compensation and maybe not.

While the delay is ongoing, focus on your immediate situation, e.g. finding a comfortable place to wait, finding some food if you are hungry, and determining what options you have if your six-hour delay is extended or turns into a cancellation. The EUR 22 is a reasonable sum for food. If the delay were to extend, requiring another meal or perhaps an overnight, presumably you will be offered vouchers for those.

Also, try to learn as much about the reason for your delay and keep that information. It may be that no information was "given" but someone must know and you should ask.

Once you are home from your trip, then focus on whether compensation might be due. While you are waiting, your time is better spent doing the research to determine alternatives should those become necessary.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Often1 good answer ! For now i’m not so bad since I could access to MArco Polo lounge with my Visa card.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:06 am
Original Poster

It seems that ts652 (Yul-Vce) is 8 hours late. That flight become ts653 ( our flight)
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:38 am
Original Poster

The only answer I got from Transat ( by facebook chat) is that they was a delay because they must have change plane in Montreal because of technical problem with the initial plane.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Please follow the redirect as we relocate your query.

As others mentioned above, it is dependent on the nature of your delay. Do not expect the carrier to proactively provide EU261 compensation if it applies either.

VCE is a nice airport, especially with lounge access, and the deck outside ^.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.