Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MEX connection time - Aeromexico to Delta?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:28 am
Original Poster

MEX connection time - Aeromexico to Delta?

I'm not sure if this is the correct spot, or on the Delta forums.

Delta.com has a flight:
SJD -> ALB via MEX and then ATL on 1/14/19
I believe it's:
SJD departing at 9:10 a.m. (Aeromexico)
Arriving in MEX
45 minute connection time
MEX -> ATL via Delta
ATL -> ALB via Delta

I'm not too familiar with how things go there. I mean I've flown like CUN to PHL and things, I always thought you had to go through customs only when you landed on the "foreign" side.

But not sure if this applies for MEX?
Obviously this far in advance, there's no terminal information, and therefore I also have no idea if there's hub changes, etc.

There will be 1 checked bag and 2 carryon's (well 1 carryon and on personal item--haha)
I'm looking at Premier/First on Aeromexico and Delta, if it matters.
I have TSA Pre-check but I don't think that counts for anything. I do not have CLEAR or whatever the other thingy is (I forget the acronym).

Also obviously this far out, the schedule can always change.

Thanks for any insight/thoughts as to what to expect and how best to speed things through. I know Delta likes tight connections (had a really tight one in ATL one time and just barely made it to the gate as they announced "final" boarding and then we sat on the plane for another 30 minutes before they shut the door, so who knows).
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by hurnik
I'm not sure if this is the correct spot, or on the Delta forums.

Delta.com has a flight:
SJD -> ALB via MEX and then ATL on 1/14/19
I believe it's:
SJD departing at 9:10 a.m. (Aeromexico)
Arriving in MEX
45 minute connection time
MEX -> ATL via Delta
ATL -> ALB via Delta

I'm not too familiar with how things go there. I mean I've flown like CUN to PHL and things, I always thought you had to go through customs only when you landed on the "foreign" side.

But not sure if this applies for MEX?
Obviously this far in advance, there's no terminal information, and therefore I also have no idea if there's hub changes, etc.

There will be 1 checked bag and 2 carryon's (well 1 carryon and on personal item--haha)
I'm looking at Premier/First on Aeromexico and Delta, if it matters.
I have TSA Pre-check but I don't think that counts for anything. I do not have CLEAR or whatever the other thingy is (I forget the acronym).

Also obviously this far out, the schedule can always change.

Thanks for any insight/thoughts as to what to expect and how best to speed things through. I know Delta likes tight connections (had a really tight one in ATL one time and just barely made it to the gate as they announced "final" boarding and then we sat on the plane for another 30 minutes before they shut the door, so who knows).
Your bags will be checked all the way from SJD to ALB, if your initial flight is on time, etc, you will not have any problems connecting in 45 min in MEX
hurnik likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by Jsegui
Your bags will be checked all the way from SJD to ALB, if your initial flight is on time, etc, you will not have any problems connecting in 45 min in MEX
This.

To be exact, when transferring domestic to international in MEX you walk straight from your domestic flight (one wing of MEX Terminal 2) to your DL flight (the other, international wing of MEX Terminal 2). I believe at your point of departure you will surrender your immigration slip to the check-in agent, who will attach this to your boarding card corresponding to the DL flight from MEX to ATL.
At the gate in MEX you will probably have additional gate check, this being a US bound flight.

Your lugagge is automatically transferred through MEX from your domestic flight to your international flight.

MEX Terminal 2 is easy to navigate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.