Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Surinam Airways refund/compensation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Surinam Airways refund/compensation

Does anyone here have any experience with getting a refund and compensation from Surinam Airways for a cancelled flight?

I showed up at Georgetown airport with my boarding pass to Miami, having checked in online, only to be told that the flight was cancelled and that I would have to make my own arrangements as it was not known if and when there would be another Surinam Airways flight and Surinam Airways did not make alternative arrangements for its passengers.

Finally ended up having to buy a very expensive ticket with another airline, lost out on hotel and next day connecting flight from Miami etc.

Anyone ever deal with them?
Old May 2, 2018, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If they're really not sure if/when there will be another flight, could they be going out of business?
Old May 4, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by flyercity
Does anyone here have any experience with getting a refund and compensation from Surinam Airways for a cancelled flight?

I showed up at Georgetown airport with my boarding pass to Miami, having checked in online, only to be told that the flight was cancelled and that I would have to make my own arrangements as it was not known if and when there would be another Surinam Airways flight and Surinam Airways did not make alternative arrangements for its passengers.

Finally ended up having to buy a very expensive ticket with another airline, lost out on hotel and next day connecting flight from Miami etc.

Anyone ever deal with them?
Go to the credit card company and ask for a chargeback for service not delivered. However, note Paramaribo-Georgetown-Miami flew May 3rd and arrived in Miami at 6:26 p.m. So that one flew if somewhat late. Also April 28th (5 hours late mind you) and May 1st. According to Flightaware. They sure have an oddball schedule, Sat., Wed, Fri, Sat, Tue, Thu over a 10 day period. Some only from Georgetown, some via Georgetown from Paramaribo.
According to Wikipedia they are owned by the Government of Surinam.
When was this flight?

Last edited by ricktoronto; May 4, 2018 at 10:38 pm
Old May 5, 2018, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
When was this flight?
It was on 26/4. There were no Surinam Airport people there and passengers who had showed up for their flight had to buy new tickets with other airlines.

Will talk to credit card people, thanks for the tip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.