Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Flair Airlines - Canada's shameful, disgraceful, embarrassing new ULCC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG

So New Leaf got replaced by Flair. They fly YVR,YXX,YEG,YWG,YHM,YYZ

Completely disorganized and a disaster of an airline. Here's are our first experiences with the airlines(4 different people).

Flair is absolutely garbage. Don't ever book. Swoop will handle situations WAY better as they have Westjet behind them, $ , agents and planes to rebook on the same routes as WS flies them already.

Here's some Flair for you:

Had two girls book YEG-YWG-YEG on Flair to save $100 compared to WS/AC. They reschedule outbound 4 days later to an earlier morning flight. Can't take it as they have presentation/meetings. They offer refund, no rebook nothing. Spend $800 on top of flair booking to book AC.

Get an email saying return also now has schedule change 2 days out. No email on what time. Spent all weekend(total 9 hours on hold), no answer. Got hung up on two times after being on hold for several hours. Get to airport early they say bookings don't exist, and flight sure enough delayed super late until 10PM... Rebook on AC spend another $1200.

Another girl flew AC LAX-YYZ-YWG. Return booked flight with flair YWG-YEG to fly back with girls. Never get a confirmation email after booking online and paying. Also on hold for hours. No response. Same time as the girls, go to airport and booking don't exist LOL. Book last minute spend $600.

After emailing them, calling them, and tweeting, instagraming, they just straight ignored us. Finally get a hold of agent after combined 15ish hours on hold. Offered $100 credit each pax for future FLAIR booking plus refund LOL like they would ever fly them again. One of the girls tells agent "stay on the line, need to talk to my friend if that's good enough". CSR guy says "I'm not a dog" and hangs up. Tried calling back, on hold again for 2 hours so gave up. How about the $2600 they spent on AC? NEVER book them to save $100, you'll pay 10x more.

Fast forward a few days, find out another friend booked YEG-YVR-YEG. she freaks out because she sees my posts about flair and calls me night before, saying she can't check in online, code not found. Goes to airport 2 hours before departure, able to check in but flair cancels 1.5 hours out... $400 last minute OW AC trip booked. She is supposed to fly back with flair but worried return will be the same. What a joke. Tried calling them, on hold for 2 hours and got hung up on. Good way to start a Vacation.

What a JOKE of an airline. I never thought to book a ULCC and was weary when the girls did, but after this, I'll be telling EVERYONE to stay far, far away.

Swoop at least will have WS planes to rebook on.

Only good thing is WS and AC are matching some prices on YEG-YWG and YEG-YXX/YVR so it keeps prices down low

Won't be surprised if they don't last the summer after Swoop launches.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:47 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
A bit of a joke when you get to them offering a credit PLUS a refund and you hang up and don't get the refund. A bit of biting off your nose to spite your face.

These people bragged about the cheap deal at the time they booked, I can bet 100% on that. Then finding out an airline with one or two planes is risky. Weird how that happens.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I have flown Flair YEG to YHM 3 times now with zero issues. I will support Flair whenever possible as Swoop would disappear without Flair as would the low fares. They are poised to expand to new cities any day now.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
And so Flair will now fly these additional cities:

Halifax
Saskatoon
Prince George
Victoria
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
And so Flair will now fly these additional cities:

Halifax
Saskatoon
Prince George
Victoria
Four more locations for "another girl" to have a problem. You know, one time, at band camp, this happened.....
Old Jun 16, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Swoop v. Flair

QUOTE {Flair is absolutely garbage. Don't ever book. Swoop will handle situations WAY better as they have Westjet behind them,.
What a JOKE of an airline. I never thought to book a ULCC and was weary when the girls did, but after this, I'll be telling EVERYONE to stay far, far away.
Swoop at least will have WS planes to rebook on.
Only good thing is WS and AC are matching some prices on YEG-YWG and YEG-YXX/YVR so it keeps prices down low
Won't be surprised if they don't last the summer after Swoop launches.[/QUOTE]

I don't share your enthusiasm about Swoop. Have any FTs managed to get Swoop to endorse flights to WS?
Also, its worth noting that Flair's offer of a refund is consistent with CATSA policy in the event of a flight cancellation!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.