Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromexico Lounges Mexico City

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Aeromexico Lounges Mexico City

Hi,
we will be flying YVR-Merida with a 4.5 layover in Mexico City.

I have been debating about bidding on premier class on either leg of the flight which would give us access to the lounge.

I am thinking with a long layover after an over night flight we might really appreciate that.

Or just go and pay for entry if they allow that. How much is it to just access the lounge?

also is bidding and upgrading worth it?
for my first flight it looks like about 250us per ticket and my second flight 45us per ticket?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:51 pm

I can tell you that the am lounges in mex are nothing special. There's no real food and the closest snack options are tortilla chips. It's also quite crowded. Really one of the worst lounges I've been to.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by hamburglar
I can tell you that the am lounges in mex are nothing special. There's no real food and the closest snack options are tortilla chips. It's also quite crowded. Really one of the worst lounges I've been to.
Still, better than T2 main area. And apparently you have never been to the IASS Lounge @ HNL. It makes the AM T2 MEX lounges seem like an LH F lounge.
GDL likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Still, better than T2 main area. And apparently you have never been to the IASS Lounge @ HNL. It makes the AM T2 MEX lounges seem like an LH F lounge.
AM lounges are bad no matter how you look at it, even if there is a worst lounge in other part of world.
The properties, food and labor cost are a lot cheaper in Mexico, so I do not understand why MEX airport infrastructure and the lounges are so bad, while AM airfares are not really cheaper than U.S. carriers, and all travelers pay MEX airport tax no cheaper than U.S. airports.
Could it be "Corruption"?! LOL
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Mexico City is building a brand new big airport if I remember correctly.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lewis42
Mexico City is building a brand new big airport if I remember correctly.
Building a new airport should not be an excuse for letting the existing airport run down as it is now.

Last edited by Mama; Sep 28, 2017 at 1:47 am
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Originally Posted by Mama
Building a new airport should not be an excuse for letting the existing airport run down as it is now.
Were you here 10 years ago, when you had to arrive another 2 hours in advance to stand in a queue for *all flights* before heading to your airline at T1?

AM has just refurbed the international lounge at T2. Why they bothered is beyond me. At the right hours, there will be a little bit of salsa for the chips and even *soup*. It is what it is. The showers work, there is a sauna.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
^^ I take it back. There was no soup today; there was a big bowl of peanuts which quickly ran out each time, a large bowl of salad which would have been enough for me if there had been any dressing-- squares of cheeze and chicken that looked like croutons were offered-- and as per the last decade, NO COFFEE and in all effect, no working WiFi (not even Infinitum, and no cellular data worth talking about) and for that matte, no hot water unless you asked at the bar (I've brought crystals for years, forgot today).

Hopefully the chicken I'm about to be served will be better than mid-week; at least I finally have a cup of coffee.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:56 pm
Suspended

LOL.
Please do enjoy your gourmet dining at the AM MEX lounge.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by sdophoto
Hi,
we will be flying YVR-Merida with a 4.5 layover in Mexico City.

I have been debating about bidding on premier class on either leg of the flight which would give us access to the lounge.

I am thinking with a long layover after an over night flight we might really appreciate that.

Or just go and pay for entry if they allow that. How much is it to just access the lounge?

also is bidding and upgrading worth it?
for my first flight it looks like about 250us per ticket and my second flight 45us per ticket?
I am late to the party, but a bid upgrade does not give you lounge access. They will check your ticket at the door. You need to pay an additional fee for access. At least that is how it was in 2016. I doubt the policy has changed, but please correct me if so.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kthomas
^^ I take it back. There was no soup today; there was a big bowl of peanuts which quickly ran out each time, a large bowl of salad which would have been enough for me if there had been any dressing-- squares of cheeze and chicken that looked like croutons were offered-- and as per the last decade, NO COFFEE and in all effect, no working WiFi (not even Infinitum, and no cellular data worth talking about) and for that matte, no hot water unless you asked at the bar (I've brought crystals for years, forgot today).

Hopefully the chicken I'm about to be served will be better than mid-week; at least I finally have a cup of coffee.
Is there any rhyme or reason to the food spread? Staff replenish haphazardly, and the service is so random with things like soup and salad brought out at odd times. Unless you are sitting right there, you'll have a short window to snatch up any food before the small trays are empty. It seems more like a pot luck supper buffet with random things brought from random places. Absolutely awful lounges.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is there any rhyme or reason to the food spread? Staff replenish haphazardly, and the service is so random with things like soup and salad brought out at odd times. Unless you are sitting right there, you'll have a short window to snatch up any food before the small trays are empty. It seems more like a pot luck supper buffet with random things brought from random places. Absolutely awful lounges.
Take a walk down the corridor to the Aeromar lounge and after 5 minutes, you'll be missing the opulent splendor of the Aeromexico lounge.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Was just there this week... what a terrible excuse for an international lounge. Dark, lousy food, crowded... plus MEX airport always smells of jet fuel...
Lousy experience.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Was just there this week... what a terrible excuse for an international lounge. Dark, lousy food, crowded... plus MEX airport always smells of jet fuel...
Lousy experience.
I can't wait. I haven't been there in many months. But I'll be there soon. As they are both early AM connections (yes, both morning and airline), I doubt I'll consume the only decent thing in there ... the liquids with a proof.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.