Search

Great Lakes Screw up and Lie

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PLAT. DL PLAT, AOPA, MUG CLUB AT ROCK BOTTOM
Great Lakes Screw up and Lie

Great Lakes screws up and lies

On 8/2 Lakes air got a chance to supply a charter to Montana. They did this charter by taking a E120 scheduled for DEN-SLN 3025; off that route and substituted a PC12. The rational was that there were only 13 passengers scheduled so only 4 people would have to be left. At the gate they offered no compensation except for a $10 meal voucher. Surprisingly, no takers, so they IDB all four.

When I complained, the excuse for no IDB was that the downgauge was “operational”. NO, NO, NO this was a decision made to make more money. This is also an EAS route, so they are leaving EAS passengers behind in favor of a money-making charter.

They did rebook the four affected passengers on 3026 scheduled for 5:30 pm. This flight lifted off at 6:55 pm. 7 hours and 25 minutes wasted in the airport., for $10 meal voucher. Great Lakes needs to be investigated for not honoring Contract Of Carriage and for violating the EAS terms.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 12:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You're confident that the CoC guarantee a specific aircraft type for a flight? Companies should not be allowed to make money?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
As it seems you feel strongly about this, I don't necessarily disagree with that feeling though I do see some rationale for what they did, you should make complaints. Airline, DOT, Congressional Reps, Gov and Mayor.
The EAS factor could be an interesting twist to the service. The airline can claim no IDB compensation with the size of either plane but they may get in trouble with bumping passengers from EAS routes to operate the flight for a charter operation.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PLAT. DL PLAT, AOPA, MUG CLUB AT ROCK BOTTOM
No response from United on my complaint, No use messing with that mess that is great Lakes. If they mess me up on a business trip to make money on a charter, they should pay IDB. Not claim "operational issues".

I am going to escalate. What a sad "airline:.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.