Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromexico Upgrade thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by SDQBound

Buy now prices. Minimum bid is $150.

Right now only one seat is occupied in Premier and 4 (including the two of us) in AM Plus.
Were these one way upgrade prices? Or RT?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by olouie
Were these one way upgrade prices? Or RT?
One Way.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
- 1/26 AM 737-700 DTW-MEX: Bid USD$200 on my reservation. Not accepted. Business Class was full when I checked at the gate at DTW. Ended up flying in AM+
- 1/28 AM 737-800 MEX-JFK: Bid USD$225 on my reservation. Not accepted. Asked at check in at MEX and was told it was available for MX2958 (~$160) which I gladly accepted.
$160 is not a bad deal in my opinion. It's cheaper than using paid AA stickers.

Was the Business cabin full during the flight? I'm wondering how many Skyteam Elites buy the upgrades vs. waiting for a complimentary one.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:00 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rshelton
I just bought IAD-MEX-IAD tickets through Delta codesharing to Aeromexico. If I call and get my aeromexico confirmation number will I be able to bid on an upgrade?
It is a dl issued ticket
You'll have no problem doing this as it's what I did last month.

Was the Business cabin full during the flight? I'm wondering how many Skyteam Elites buy the upgrades vs. waiting for a complimentary one.
Business went out with a few empty seats actually which surprised me.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:38 am
Suspended

- 1/26 AM 737-700 DTW-MEX: Bid USD$200 on my reservation. Not accepted. Business Class was full when I checked at the gate at DTW. Ended up flying in AM+
- 1/28 AM 737-800 MEX-JFK: Bid USD$225 on my reservation. Not accepted. Asked at check in at MEX and was told it was available for MX2958 (~$160) which I gladly accepted.
In my opinion, wether $160 upgrade is a good deal for a 4 hour flight really depends on what aircraft you are flying. I.e. 737 vs. 787 vs. 777.
In addition, last minute upgrade (free or paid) at airport may or may not get you business meals. FA may give you partial business meal, or economy class meal.

Last edited by Mama; Feb 11, 2018 at 11:52 pm
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:45 am
Suspended

$160 is not a bad deal in my opinion. It's cheaper than using paid AA stickers.

I have never heard the policy that Skyteam Elite (or even Elite plus) are entitled to free upgrades on Aeromexico. Delta elites often get upgrades on AM, but that's because there is a special arrangement between AM and DL, not for all Skyteam airlines.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Platinum

Thanks for the info, just called delta to get the aeromexico PNR so I'll be able to bid. Luckily they'll do the call back as the recording said the wait is more than 2 hours!
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Platinum

What bid got you a seat if you don't mind me asking?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Mama
I have never heard the policy that Skyteam Elite (or even Elite plus) are entitled to free upgrades on Aeromexico. Delta elites often get upgrades on AM, but that's because there is a special arrangement between AM and DL, not for all Skyteam airlines.
Not a written policy, but they are included in the list if they request during check-in. Same was DL also upgrading Skyteam Elites after all Medallions and SPG Plats.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 6:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mama
In my opinion, wether $160 upgrade is a good deal for a 4 hour flight really depends on what aircraft you are flying. I.e. 737 vs. 787 vs. 777.
In addition, last minute upgrade (free or paid) at airport may or may not get you business meals. FA may give you partial business meal, or economy class meal.
I was on a 737-800 and I did still get a meal. Frankly on a redeye the difference in sleeping in Y and sleeping in F for me is enough to make me glad to pay the $160 for any aircraft.

What bid got you a seat if you don't mind me asking?
None of my bids were accepted. I was told my bid wasn't taken but was able to buy the upgrade at MEX check in.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:51 am

Not a written policy, but they are included in the list if they request during check-in. Same was DL also upgrading Skyteam Elites after all Medallions and SPG Plats.
Do you know if this works for STE (FB Silver) on all AM routes, including Europe? The AM chat seems to suggest only STE+ are allowed to request it at the checkin, although DL Silver are allowed to request a complimentary upgrade I can see on the DL website. Not sure if the chat is up to date.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by fslnc
Do you know if this works for STE (FB Silver) on all AM routes, including Europe? The AM chat seems to suggest only STE+ are allowed to request it at the checkin, although DL Silver are allowed to request a complimentary upgrade I can see on the DL website. Not sure if the chat is up to date.
AM doesn't even upgrade their own Elites on Europe routes (with the exception of the special upgrades for Titaniums) so basically this would apply to any route where AM Elites are eligible for complimentary upgrades. As a STE you are eligible but don't get your hopes high.
fslnc likes this.
Old May 5, 2018, 8:05 am

How much?

Hello!
next week I’m flying AMS-MEX with aeromexico. My ticket price was 700 euros and now I received the invitation to bid for an upgrade. Their suggestion is also 700 euros per way, with low chances for that price according to their website. I would be open to go up to 2100 final price, but I was wondering if to triple the price of my ticket is a good idea.
I don’t know if a lot of people would spend 700 euros extras per way. Should I offer less?
thanks for the advice
Old May 10, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors, IHG, SkyMiles
I just got a crazy good deal on MIA-MEX-GDL for a week in july. Just submitted an upgrade request bid for $160. Only for the MIA-MEX leg on the departure so far bc it departs MIA at 0130. Hopefully will get a comfy seat so I can sleep.
Old May 10, 2018, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyingjewels
I just got a crazy good deal on MIA-MEX-GDL for a week in july. Just submitted an upgrade request bid for $160. Only for the MIA-MEX leg on the departure so far bc it departs MIA at 0130. Hopefully will get a comfy seat so I can sleep.
How long is the flight from MIA to MEX? 3 hours? Cutting the takeoff and landing time, your time with your reclined seatback is no more than 2.5 hours, just enough time for you to fall asleep and wake up soon IF you don't drink or eat anything onboard. And it's a 737 narrow body aircraft, the seat doesn't recline fully flat. The last time I got the free upgrade for U.S. to MEX flight, the premier class meal consisted of 2 thin slices of cold smoked salmon, one bread, one piece of cheese, and 2 pieces of green lettuce. Alcohol, beer and softdrink, no champaign.
On the other hand, $160 can get you a five star hotel room in MEX or GDL for a full night sleep plus a decent meal.

Last edited by Mama; May 11, 2018 at 1:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.