Aeromexico Upgrade thread

Old Nov 13, 2019, 4:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
Does 40 USD worth it for an upgrade MEX-TGZ? Do we get lounge access ?
Originally Posted by Mama
MEX to TGZ is probably 2 hours. It is on narrow body aircrafts. There is no food service on board for domestic flights(even in business class). You only get drinks and peanuts. And, you get a wider seat and better leg room, in the front cabin. You will have lounge access as long as you can produce a Premier class boarding pass. But their lounge is not so good in my opinion. You shoud search for reviews on their lounge to form your own opinion.
In the end, only you can decide whether $40 is woth it.
It's a 444 mile flight so flight time is closer to one hour. I would say $40 to be more comfortable and to use the lounge (even the worst lounge is better than the gate) is worth it in my opinion.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
Does 40 USD worth it for an upgrade MEX-TGZ? Do we get lounge access ?
You can sure try, but as I wrote in my OP and AM Upgrade FAQ, you won't get any lounge access.
https://aeromexico.com/en-us/flying-...remier-upgrade

Apart from good tequila and mezcal selection, and barista made Punta del Cielo coffees, everything else in those lounges are just meh, you won't be missing much.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 1:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by maverikbc
You can sure try, but as I wrote in my OP and AM Upgrade FAQ, you won't get any lounge access.
https://aeromexico.com/en-us/flying-...remier-upgrade

Apart from good tequila and mezcal selection, and barista made Punta del Cielo coffees, everything else in those lounges are just meh, you won't be missing much.
Good to know.
kthomas likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
By saying they don't know, they are trying to tell you NO in a nice way.
Not at all. The same people have put me in an F seat, in circumstances that did not appear to officially qualify, many, many times.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Originally Posted by axr12345
Anybody has any experience being upgraded on a DL-marketed AM-operated flight (e.g. JFK-MEX on AM's 789) within the 120-hours window as Delta Platinum / Diamond?
Yes, many times; said experiences being documented here on FT. It's fairly smooth now, but not foolproof; always ask politely and monitor AM the app and other information sources.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kthomas
Not at all. The same people have put me in an F seat, in circumstances that did not appear to officially qualify, many, many times.
But are these free "F" seat upgrades on longhaul (787) flights? I dont think so. And your previous post was asking about ICN flights, very longhaul on 787.
BTW, AM do not have "F" seats. They have "Premier" class, which is equivalent to business class. They don't have first class. Or perhaps, you are calling domestic premier class as F. Honestly people can get domestic Premier class upgrades easily, any elite levels, or sometime none elite passengers get it.
Like i said, the domestic Premier class has no food service on board, only bigger seat and leg room for domestic flight and all on 737 airplanes (for 1, 2, 3 hours?)...big deal.

Last edited by Mama; Nov 24, 2019 at 12:49 pm
Old Nov 26, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
First time flying on AM (and my first 787 somehow as well) tomorrow. Paid to upgrade to "Premier" at check-in, and just realized I'd paid them a few weeks back for AM+ seating. I called in and they directed me to send an email to their complaint address. Anyone have any experience with getting refunds for this? I'm hoping it lowers my overall cost a bit more (already accounting for my and my friend's now free bags w/ the upgraded allowance). Excited to try it out and see if it was worth what I paid lol.

ETA: They did not and will not refund the AM+ seating when upgrading to Premier. Overall probably not quite worth what I paid, but certainly a nicer ride than a few rows behind.

Last edited by be_rettSEA; Dec 12, 2019 at 2:34 pm Reason: Update on the issue
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:36 pm

Flew LIM-MEX-LAX today. Put in a bid for $150 for the LIM-MEX leg and it was accepted. The allowed a second bag without a fee for the entire trip which was a plus. The check-in line was massive when the counter opened up. Upgrading let us bypass the line saving a lot of time. The 6 hour flight departed just past midnight and no breakfast was offered, just a tiny sandwich about 30 minutes after takeoff.
CMK10 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: AeroMexico Club Premiere
That tiny sandwich is their standard overnight service meal. I have gotten the same thing JFK-MEX. I have learned sleep is more important.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by RFNJ
That tiny sandwich is their standard overnight service meal. I have gotten the same thing JFK-MEX. I have learned sleep is more important.
Did they offer breakfast before landing? I believe at some point (not sure if it was check-in) I saw online they provide a hot breakfast.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 7:46 am

Programs: AeroMexico Club Premiere
Nope. I am literally sitting in the Amex lounge after taking that flight today. Drinks with nuts. No cheese plate. Dinner was their usual salad with goat cheese, and choice of ham and cheese "croissant", or salmon (this is new, will try it next time). Coffee offered afterwards. No dessert. As we were descending to land - about 10k ft, they came around with a basket of Sabritas, trail mix and Kit Kats.

They may claim they offer hot breakfast, but in 20 times I have taken this flight I have never seen it.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 2:31 pm
Suspended

My red eye flight from BOG to MEX last year in Premier class, they offered me an apple, choices of chips, sundries, cookies. And of course, they offer drinks. This is worse than European airlines "Euro business class".

Last edited by Mama; Feb 27, 2020 at 2:36 pm
Old Mar 1, 2020, 9:15 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My red eye flight from BOG to MEX last year in Premier class, they offered me an apple, choices of chips, sundries, cookies. And of course, they offer drinks. This is worse than European airlines "Euro business class".
Sure, but it's more akin to what North American airlines would do on a 1,900 mile redeye.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CMK10
Sure, but it's more akin to what North American airlines would do on a 1,900 mile redeye.
Maybe you are right. I just have never done 1900 miles red eye in C within N. America. But in Euro Business, you get some hot food for flying 1900 miles in C, anytime day or night.

Last edited by Mama; Mar 2, 2020 at 5:16 am
Old Mar 1, 2020, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by RFNJ
Nope. I am literally sitting in the Amex lounge after taking that flight today. Drinks with nuts. No cheese plate. Dinner was their usual salad with goat cheese, and choice of ham and cheese "croissant", or salmon (this is new, will try it next time). Coffee offered afterwards. No dessert. As we were descending to land - about 10k ft, they came around with a basket of Sabritas, trail mix and Kit Kats.

They may claim they offer hot breakfast, but in 20 times I have taken this flight I have never seen it.
That's been the fare on SFO/MEX redeye for a few years now, save the snack basket. 2 chocolates on the food tray. If they would only heat the bagel, it would be a very good snack..
RFNJ likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.