Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spirit Boarding Pass Options

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Spirit Boarding Pass Options

What are my options for printing out a boarding pass while travelling given that I won't have readily available access to a printer? Is it possible to board using a pdf of the ticket on my mobile phone?
Old May 8, 2017, 8:59 pm

Print it for free at airport kiosik
Old May 9, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
yes airport kiosk are still free your only charged if an employee prints
Old May 9, 2017, 11:47 am

Be warned, though–I printed at home carefully... scale=100%, high quality, etc. The pass was perfect. Security, however, said they couldn't scan it, and the Spirit kiosks were all turned off. Hm. Pay $$ to re-print?

Another TSA person, though, caught me and waved me through. She explained that she thought it was a scam on the part of Spirit. That frequently, for days at a time, no passenger-printed Spirit boarding passes would work on their scanners.

I have very little confidence in the operation. Perhaps kiosk printing is the best way if you have to fly Spirit?
Old May 11, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
Originally Posted by VicariousNonpayment
Be warned, though–I printed at home carefully... scale=100%, high quality, etc. The pass was perfect. Security, however, said they couldn't scan it, and the Spirit kiosks were all turned off. Hm. Pay $$ to re-print?

Another TSA person, though, caught me and waved me through. She explained that she thought it was a scam on the part of Spirit. That frequently, for days at a time, no passenger-printed Spirit boarding passes would work on their scanners.

I have very little confidence in the operation. Perhaps kiosk printing is the best way if you have to fly Spirit?
Hmmm what airport was that? a lot of airports have kisosk that print from on airlines
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Mil Miler, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, National Exec. Elite, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by john398
Hmmm what airport was that? a lot of airports have kisosk that print from on airlines
My mother-in-law had the EXACT same problem at Houston Bush IAH airport a few weeks ago. Fortunately, they had emailed themselves an electronic copy and the TSA officer was able to use that. We had also printed at 100% scale, with high-quality settings on the printer...still the TSA said they cannot scan the bar code on the home printed paper boarding pass.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA, WN, NK
The NK app works pretty well for BP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.