Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having problems with Spirit check-in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It's been a couple years since I've flown them, but I have a Spirit flight tomorrow. I put in our known traveler numbers and, after the usual up-sell screens, I get to the point where I hit check-on. The websiite just says it's "loading something awesome," but won't actually load my boarding passes. And then it times out. I went back a few times to try again and while I seem to be checked in (it tells me our seat assignments), the system won't get past the loading screen. On one attempt, a message entitled "Oh Dear" popped up telling me to bring a print out of that screen to the counter to get my fee-waived boarding pass (Spirit otherwise charges for boarding passes obtained at the ticket counter). Thanks, but I really don't want to wait at a Spirit counter for a boarding pass.

I called Spirit, and their customer service was as inadequate as you'd expect. The agent did seem to think it was a system glitch, and not anything "weird" with my own reservation. He suggested I retry latter. I will, but I have the bad feeling I'm going to have to get to the airport early tomorrow and wait on line, simply because Spirit can't do what most other airlines are capable of (running a fully functional online check-in procedure).
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well, after, clicking a "reprint boarding passes" button about a dozen times, I was able to get the Spirit website to finally cough up my boarding passes. It even properly processed our known traveler numbers and gave us precheck. What a relief, now that I don't have to worry about how long the counter line will be and if I can use the precheck line. Fingers crossed about the flight being on time, but CrankyFlier says that Spirit's operation is now much more reliable than their past efforts.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I have never experienced a problem with Spirit check-in.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I recently flew Spirit for the first time. Both times I did have trouble printing the boarding passes and how to go through the reprint passes function multiple times before I was able to print them. The issue occurred on two different computers on both the outbound and return legs. Furthermore, the results were the same using both Chrome and IE web browsers. So I suspect there is something wrong with this function on the Spirit web site. In the end it was a nuisance but only cost me a few extra minutes to do the check in. So not the end of the world but still would be good for Spirit to look into it and fix it.

--Jon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.