Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spirit and TSA recheck

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up Spirit and TSA recheck

Word has it that Spirit is starting TSA precheck this week!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:43 am

Came here to ask exactly about this. My wife and I just got PreCheck and booked flights with Spirit in March, but saw that Spirit did not accept it yet, despite the news articles last year. If I may ask, what is your source for this news?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

someone who works at Spirit...supposed to be a "soft" trial today (1/23) to see how things go and full mode on the 26th. We"ll see, I guess. Been a long time coming for those of us who use Spirit often and hope everything goes as planned!
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
This is great news! I haven't flown Spirit in years partly because of the lack of an expedited security option, so this will definitely have me looking at them more closely for future travels.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: SkyMiles, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards, Global Entry
Yes this is good news.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:31 pm

subscribing for updates! Got a flight on the 3rd out of LAX. This airport is getting worse and worse...pre check would help a lot!

Anyone with pre check and a spirit flight this week, let us know how it goes.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:35 pm

Well, i just checked my reservation and there's now a place to include your known traveler id, so that's a good start.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Saw your post, maxpOwers, and checked on my upcoming flights and was thrilled to see the box for putting in the KTN#! Now if we can just get them to realize that we all have legs that would like to accompany us on our flights!
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:55 pm
FSU

Just got an email that Pre-check is officially starting today with Spirit.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: AA Plat
Just flew out a few days ago on the 28th. Entered my redress number and my boarding pass had the TSA pre-check on it. Worked to perfection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.