Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Retroactive cancellation fee on Spirit?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Retroactive cancellation fee on Spirit?

I have flown Spirit many times over the last 10 years or so, but have never had to cancel. Well, lo and behold, an unexpected work commitment has come up and I will have to cancel a flight next week.

My question is, if I just don't show up for the flight, will I get charged the cancellation fee anyway? My flight was only $40 so it seems like it would just be cheaper to skip the flight rather than pay $100 cancellation fee, even with getting $20 round trip credit for a future flight.

I only ask since Spirit obviously has the credit card I used to purchase the flight. I would think I wouldn't be charged, but I figured I'd ask and be sure.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 3:42 pm

You do not have to pay extra to get the $10 credit each way. You'll get the $10 credit each way, and the rest will be lost as part of the "cancellation fee." They don't charge anything above and beyond what you've already paid to cancel the ticket.

However, I think the credit is only good for 90 days or six months, and I had a hell of a time once trying to get it to work at the airport (worked fine on the website.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.