Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit
Reload this Page >

Spirit: what's the biggest bag I can bring without getting charged carry-on fee?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spirit: what's the biggest bag I can bring without getting charged carry-on fee?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2016, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by bigbuy
Yes,,, as long as you are not at your originating airport.
I have had 2 cancelled flights. First one was in Lima, Peru and they put me up in the Lima Sheraton with food vouchers and transportation. They offered nothing to folks originating in Lima and I heard one guy pleading his case as his home was 3 hours away. Not sure about the outcome.
Second time was a connection in FLL coming back from GUA heading to ATL.
They put me up in a Marriott Suites property with food vouchers and transportation.
This could get interesting. I'm on a 1/w MCO-FLL. I BOOKED the ticket at an FLL ticket counter, have a FLL based drivers license. I'm driving up in a rental car the morning before. At the very least I'd request they pay for a rental car for me, or just give me a refund.

Of course, I'd rather not test this theory.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by ciaohound
Don't know if anyone has noticed that starting the end of March the new "personal" carryon "free" bag size will be changed to:
17 x 13 x 8. How lovely!
Looks like Spirit changed their mind and will not change size of personal item. This is a repost from another thread.

Quote:
We had been preparing for a potential change in personal item sizes, however we decided a few weeks ago not to implement that change. While we always like to encourage passengers to carry less, we will continue to offer the largest personal size item of any ultra-low cost carrier.

Here's link to that thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ghlight=spirit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.