Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Details on the new VIPorter revenue-based program

Old Sep 17, 15, 12:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Porter Air transitioned to a revenue-based program earlier this week. There are now 3 status tiers (also spend based) and higher status earns bonus point on travel.

The redemption rates are all over the place with no pattern I can discern in terms of what makes a flight likely to get a higher CPP on redemption. I even spotted cases where the same route/date/price had different redemption rates for miles.

On the plus side, the new program actually seems to better reward the lower spending passenger more than the higher spending customers. That's a surprise for a revenue-based program launching these days.

More details in the links above (which go to the analysis on my website).
Old Sep 24, 15, 6:50 am

Did you find a rewards chart?

Your wrote: "The least expensive award I see in terms of total points required is 3000"

Is that for Points&Tax or for Dollars&Points? If that is for Points&Tax, I could put my whopping 1500 points to use - if only I could find that route. :-)

Last edited by sokolov; Sep 27, 15 at 7:34 am
Old Sep 24, 15, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sokolov View Post
Did you find a rewards chart?
There is no "chart" per se. But if you search for awards you get prices back. I searched for many and compiled the data into that chart.

Your wrote: "The least expensive award I see in terms of total points required is 3000"

Is that for Points&Tax or for Dollars&Points? If that is for Dollars&Points, I could put my whopping 1500 points to use - if only I could find that route. :-)[/QUOTE]
That was for Dollars & Points, not Points & Tax. So the 1500 won't get you there.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: