Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lima overnight layover

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Lima overnight layover

Hello: We have a United business class ticket - fly into Lima from JFK via Panama on Copa at 10.30pm, and have an overnight layover at the airport, fligh to Cuzco on TACA/Avianca leaves 6am. We plan to check in luggage.

1. What overnight lounges are available? My research shows the international lounges are airside - so can we use them? Or do we have to go to the domestic terminal? I think there is a 24 hour lounge there, but will they let us in 6 hours before the flight?

2. Since we are checking bags, do we have to pick them up at Lima for customs etc?

3. I have Priority Pass/Amex Plat, and no status on any airline, so what lounges are my options? I ma traveling with older parents, so not a big fan of jumping into a hotel/taxi for 3-4 hours.

Thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EP/MM
I've done this exact itinerary twice and my choice was to exit immigration and go literally across the street to the Costa del Sol Wyndham for nice room service (24 hour) and some shuteye on a good bed. They also open their breakfast buffet really early so you can eat before going back to the terminal or if your departure is earlier than they open, they'll pack a breakfast for you to take. They also have "day lounges" where you don't have a room but a lounge chair and access to the buffet. Prices are very erratic based on demand but once I managed to snag a room for under $125.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.