FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other North and South American Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-north-south-american-airlines-472/)
-   -   Will U.S. credit cards be accepted for travel on Cubana? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-north-south-american-airlines/1698684-will-u-s-credit-cards-accepted-travel-cubana.html)

ironmanjt Jul 29, 2015 12:11 pm

Will U.S. credit cards be accepted for travel on Cubana?

Soooo....I'm looking to buy Cubana tickets, but naturally my US card is likely not going to work on cubana.cu by the time I need them.

Anyone know the policy if I have someone else pay for them? Will Cubana ask to see the card when I check in?

djjaguar64 Jul 29, 2015 5:48 pm

I don't think they care. But you can book Cubana on a Canadian website as well. Try that option.

selloffvacations and cubatravel network offers Cubana

ironmanjt Jul 30, 2015 9:54 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64 (Post 25193091)
I don't think they care. But you can book Cubana on a Canadian website as well. Try that option.

selloffvacations and cubatravel network offers Cubana

Thanks - for anyone who finds this thread, I tried with Chase Sapphire Visa and it was initially rejected by Verified by Visa, but Chase was happy to manually approve when I called.

rankourabu Aug 2, 2015 11:03 pm

Alternative Airlines.com will sell them to you at a slight premium

RDUMusiclistings Dec 22, 2015 10:31 am

For some reason, Cubana has stopped taking American issued credit cards as payment - this has been in effect for the past few months - not sure why as it used to not be the case. So, two options:
1. Book through a travel agent located outside of USA - I usually use Edreams in Spain.
2. And this is the better option, use another airline... Avianca, Copa, Interjet or Aero Mexico are all great options, they actually run their airlines like a real company and are far some reliable that Cubana could ever hope to be... i personally will never fly cubana again if absolutely possible...

UKdiver Dec 22, 2015 11:34 am

Slightly ot. My last trip on Cubana CUN-HAV was on a wetleased A320, delayed by 6+ hours on the return segment. It looks like they wetleased an A330 for their flights to Madrid.

Ocn Vw 1K Dec 26, 2015 10:22 am

As the thread is focused on the airline, rather than travel to the country, please follow the discussion as the thread moves to the appropriate airline forum with a more specific thread title. Thanks, Ocn Vw 1K, Sr. Moderator.

fly747first Dec 26, 2015 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by UKdiver (Post 25902768)
Slightly ot. My last trip on Cubana CUN-HAV was on a wetleased A320, delayed by 6+ hours on the return segment. It looks like they wetleased an A330 for their flights to Madrid.

Cubana is always delayed. Service both on the ground and in the air is closer to 0.5-star. Awful airline overall.