Spirit Credit Question

Old Aug 23, 2014, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Spirit Credit Question

So I received an email notification that my itinerary has been updated. More specifically, my return flight was no longer offered. At all. On that day. Because that flight is only offered once a day, my flight, along with the 6 other people in my reservation, were moved to the flight on the NEXT DAY.

Spirit so graciously offered to allow us to change/cancel our flight without the fees, and I was informed that we would receive a credit to use on a future flight.

Two people in my party cannot fly out the next day, and their credit will be useless. Does anyone know if their credit could be used to purchase someone else's flight? Or does it have to be under the same name? Please tell me it can be used on anyone!

Thanks for any help.

Kristina
Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold
Kristina, would it not have been easier to ask Spirit? Usually a travel voucher is not specific to a person and can be used on any ticket but who knows with Spirit.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 8:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If the flight is cancelled, they have the right to a full refund to the original form of payment, not just a credit.

Getting this out of NK will likely involve escalating to a CC chargeback dispute and a DOT complaint. But does not hurt to call NK first and push hard.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by Often1
If the flight is cancelled, they have the right to a full refund to the original form of payment, not just a credit.

Getting this out of NK will likely involve escalating to a CC chargeback dispute and a DOT complaint. But does not hurt to call NK first and push hard.
+1. Their policy here screams out for stronger federal regulation to level the playing field. Credits are only good for 2 months rather than the industry standard 1 year, and they'll resist doing a refund. Are they really such a shoestring operation now that they think they can't change this kind of practice?

It just shows that self-regulation doesn't work. Someone will come along and cut corners and, in so doing, pressure other airlines toward similar bad behavior.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.