Wiki Posts
Search

Spirit underseat luggage-Ciao bag fits

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Spirit underseat luggage-Ciao bag fits

Hello-
I've been a Flyertalk member for a while, very grateful for all the useful info I have gotten from everyone. This is my first post, hope it is helpful to those interested.
The Ciao Under the Seat rolling luggage bag ($29.99 at Costco) appears to qualify for the Spirit free personal carry-on item.
I did this experiment yesterday evening at Chicago-O'Hare (ORD) using the luggage sizer at the Spirit ticket counter located in Terminal 3.
I had to put the bag in lengthwise with the wheels to the left side. I also had to "hook" the wheels around some of the metal frame inside the sizer, i.e., I couldn't just slip it right down into the sizer. But this took very little effort to do.
Also, my Ciao bag was [U]totally empty[U], and it fit with little room to spare. So use caution and don't overstuff your bag, as it might not fit.
Finally, a very nice Spirit ticket agent observed what I was doing (he was curious that I was taking pictures)and I asked him, "is this bag okay?'" and he gave me a thumbs up. I have read that other travelers have been given a hard time by Spirit gate agents for bringing any kind of roller luggage bag on for the free personal item. So again, advise caution, the demeanor and vigilance of Spirit gate agents at boarding are highly variable.
I actually have pictures that I can post (visual proof!), but I can't figure out how to upload them to this message-the "insert image" requires a website address, not sure how I to transfer them from my desktop.
Happy travels!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 4:31 pm

Talking Caio we go

thanks for this post. I just bought the Ciao bag at CostCo and hope to try it soon on Spirit. Did you say the wheels had to be angled into the slot?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:22 am

Please post how you fair with the Ciao rolling tote. Looking at it myself as I'll be making some flights on Spirit next month.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:10 am

how strict is Spirit with their personal item luggage size?

I have a backpack that on oneside is about 17.5" on one side, but the other side of the measurments are lower, so the total cubic feet for spirit's requrements would be met
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by perpd1022
thanks for this post. I just bought the Ciao bag at CostCo and hope to try it soon on Spirit. Did you say the wheels had to be angled into the slot?

Any feedback on getting this bag onto Spirit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.