Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Can't create a Gol Smiles Account Without a CPF as a foriegner

Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

New user here. First post.

I fly Gol a lot in Brazil, and I have tried on numerous occasions of the last year to create a Gol Smiles account (Smiles is their reward program).

On the voegol.com.br website, there is a link to create a smiles account. I enter in all of my details, including home address and nationality of Canada.

There are two fields. One field where you enter your passport number. The other field is where you enter your CPF, but there is a note beside it saying CPF is only required for Brazilian citizens. I enter my Passport number, and I leave CPF blank.

When I click 'Ok' to continue, I get an error saying invalid CPF. I've tried everything from a single 0, to all 0's, to matching the format of the CPF, etc. It will not let me create this account even though the Smiles program is open for foreigners.

Has anyone here been able to create a Gol Smiles account as a non-Brazilian resident? If so, how did you do it?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:40 pm
NPF

Programs: AA / AV
Gol's web presence has lots of kinks; your problem can not, at this time, be solved without a phone call. Try one of the phones in this page:

http://www.smiles.com.br/en/customer...elephones.aspx
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:36 am

You can register for a CPF as a tourist for free. No need to translate your passport or deal with Banco do Brasil etc. The Shopping Light in Sao Paulo has a Receita Federal office which did mine in 2012. If you spend enough time in Brazil it makes some things much easier just having one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.