Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit
Reload this Page >

Does Spirit Airlines allow you to bring food onboard?

Old Jan 6, 2013, 3:57 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!

I had heard that at one time Spirit Airlines won't allow you to bring any of your own food onboard the plane. Is this still the case?

Thank you.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 6:55 pm

Programs: lots of little things
Originally Posted by fti
I had heard that at one time Spirit Airlines won't allow you to bring any of your own food onboard the plane. Is this still the case?

Thank you.
There is nothing they can actually do to prevent you from bringing your own food on once you're past security.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:32 pm

I brought my own food on board when I previously flew them and didn't have a problem. Not sure if anything has changed, though I'm not sure how they would prevent you from bringing food on.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
The last time I flew on spirit, we had no problems bringing food. Although, if u bring food from outside (before going through security) just make sure it's like a sandwich or snacks. They scan it through the machines and if it's like a soup or anything similar, the security will not allow it. But spirit itself has no problems.

On another note, have they started charging for boarding passes if I get them at the airport? Or should I print it out at home?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:52 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Thanks for the replies.

I had read (probably an old report) that Spirit set up a table at the gate, going through all carry on luggage looking for food being brought on board! I guess those were old reports.

Originally Posted by express3
On another note, have they started charging for boarding passes if I get them at the airport? Or should I print it out at home?
Spirit's website says that they charge for a boarding pass at the airport. I can print one at home before I leave and hope I can print one at my hotel for the return flight.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:04 pm

Programs: FREE SPIRIT, WORLDPERKS, SKYMILES
This has never been the case with Spirit, you have always, and continue to be able to bring food on board. The former SkyBus had a policy that they said you were not allowed to bring any food on board

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.