Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Insel Air to announces twice-weekly service for CUR-CLT

Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Hi All,

Insel Air announces from CUR-CLT goes on effective June 22, 2011. It will operated on MD83 aircraft and this is only for twice-weekly service.

http://airlineroute.net/2011/04/18/7i-curclt-jun11/

7I913 CUR0910 – 1325CLT M83 36
7I914 CLT1425 – 1840CUR M83 36

Regards
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Wow, that's kind of a random destination. It looks like their only other mainland US city is MIA which obviously makes sense. Do they have some kind of marketing or codeshare agreement with US Airways? Otherwise it's hard to see this flight making sense.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: HH Gold; Marriott Gold; Hertz #1 5*
Originally Posted by fairviewroad
Wow, that's kind of a random destination. It looks like their only other mainland US city is MIA which obviously makes sense. Do they have some kind of marketing or codeshare agreement with US Airways? Otherwise it's hard to see this flight making sense.
Anyone know how this flight is doing for loads? Any chance of cancelling the route?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by fajimenez
Anyone know how this flight is doing for loads? Any chance of cancelling the route?
I don't know, but to answer the question that I posed in my post above, it looks like Insel does have an agreement with US Airways:

http://www.fly-inselair.com/destinations/charlotte

That said, Insel is not mentioned on the US Airways website as a Dividend Miles partner.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: HH Gold; Marriott Gold; Hertz #1 5*
Originally Posted by fajimenez
To answer my own question, they have now cancelled the Wednesday flights.

I wonder how much longer they'll give until they plug the plug on the Saturday flights.

My guess is that the CLT airport was kicking in some kind of subsidies that expired...

Originally Posted by fairviewroad
I don't know, but to answer the question that I posed in my post above, it looks like Insel does have an agreement with US Airways:

http://www.fly-inselair.com/destinations/charlotte

That said, Insel is not mentioned on the US Airways website as a Dividend Miles partner.
The only part of the agreement I can tell is luggage interline. My Wednesday CUR-CLT flight was cancelled, and they will not rebook me CUR-AUA-CLT with the last part on US... They'll get me to MIA on the same day, but I'm on my own to get back to CLT. Or have a few extra days in CUR...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.