FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/spirit-airlines-free-spirit-774/)
-   -   Spirit Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/spirit-airlines-free-spirit/1300591-spirit-airlines.html)

buckeyefanflyer Jan 9, 2012 5:59 pm

Spirit Airlines

How come Spirit does is not listed under Airline Programs.

I was trying to book a flight MCO-FLL, I said I had no bags but did select a seat and it charged me but kept showing a $30.00 BAG charge. The only way I found to not have a bag charge is not to slect a seat and had no bag charge, total fare $28.79. Do they charge extra to sue the rest room yet. Looks like they charge for everything else. If we need life rafts to they charge for this to.

Rut Dog Jan 12, 2012 12:37 am

It is a software bug. Try clicking "Continue without selecting bags."

JudyJFLA Jan 15, 2012 12:25 am

No charge to use the restroom yet, but don't they now have a charge for Carryon bags?
I flew Spirit several times on the cheap and it was actually a decent flight.

JudyJFLA

HRDiva Jan 16, 2012 3:56 pm

They charge for carryon's that don't fit under your seat. The link to the explanation of their optional fees is on the front page of their website:

http://www.spirit.com/OptionalFees.aspx

And here is the link to the details: http://spirit.custhelp.com/app/answe...YWwxUklqT2s%3D

http://spirit.custhelp.com/

john398 Aug 14, 2012 12:29 pm

is there a spirit airlines forums here?

HRDiva Aug 15, 2012 8:34 pm

No, although there is a Virign America a forum, a forum for AirTran that doesn't exist and there are many other more minor airlines with forums. We go through this every few months, but the answer has always been no for a Spirit forum.

djs Aug 22, 2012 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by HRDiva (Post 19131235)
No, although there is a Virign America a forum, a forum for AirTran that doesn't exist and there are many other more minor airlines with forums. We go through this every few months, but the answer has always been no for a Spirit forum.

Spirit would charge for the use of such a forum.

EmailKid Aug 25, 2012 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by john398 (Post 19119088)
is there a spirit airlines forums here?

Originally Posted by HRDiva (Post 19131235)

TalkBoard votes on creating new fora @:-)

They voted a month or two ago, and voted NO to creating said forum.

NK is generally discussed here or in Budget Travel forum, since most all agree that their frequent flyer program is pretty much worthless, hence not much to discuss (as seen by the numbe of posts).

BTW, while CO does not exist anymore (well, there are some who say COdbaUA :rolleyes:), it does have its own subforum. AirTran is still flying its own planes and IIRC does not have a unified flying certificate with WN.

EmailKid

YellowPeril Sep 14, 2012 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by djs (Post 19172932)
Spirit would charge for the use of such a forum.

I created an account just to quote this awesome post^

aubreyfromwheaton Sep 15, 2012 7:13 am

Spirit is growing like crazy, and it's only a matter of time before they have a forum, whether the cc hockers and bloggers and DYKWIA's like it or not.

gkbiiii Sep 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Yours truly brought the Spirit up for a vote, a vote that had been in limbo for 6 years. I tried but it will be for another member to take the torch onto final victory. When or if that day ever comes is open to debate.

Spence1097 Sep 16, 2012 10:29 pm

There are many what I call "Old guard" members on Flyertalk who believe an airline such as Spirit is unworthy of a real board to not only share mile awards info (worthless on Spirit) but general airline/fee info as well which all the forums do for all the "Traditional legacy" carriers. But even airlines such as Virgin America, Airtran which is dying, still have forums with no reasonable explanation given by Talkboard why for them and not Spirit. Let me say I am no fan of Spirit but I know they serve a purpose in the US air system though I despise their fees, you just have to know when you book what you are doing as I do fly them occasionally but pay only my airfare. I even book my tickets at the airport counter to bypass the online passenger usage fee. Average users would never know to do this but I'd tell them in a Spirit forum.

The bias I have seen on FT not only for this issue but others is pretty ridiculous and honestly it's one of the reasons why I don't come back nearly as often as I use to. Oh well.

rtalk25 Sep 17, 2012 8:12 am

Originally Posted by EmailKid (Post 19193546)
TalkBoard votes on creating new fora @:-)

They voted a month or two ago, and voted NO to creating said forum.

NK is generally discussed here or in Budget Travel forum, since most all agree that their frequent flyer program is pretty much worthless, hence not much to discuss (as seen by the numbe of posts).

I suppose it's FF program is somewhat worthless. I have heard people having a difficult time trying to redeem miles with Spirit, and one may have to pay a lot of fees even if managing to get that free ticket.

However, Spirit offers that $9 Fare Club and is associated to a credit card that offers free miles. I'm sure there are a lot of people who have signed up for either or both along with regular pax who accumulate miles. Although lately, the $9 Fare Club seems de-emphasized from Spirit. For all those reasons, Spirit should have it's forum.

Anyways on most forums like Southwest, there is talk on route changes and other airline matters that is not FF program specific which increases the scope of subject matter of the forum. TalkBoard would have to address that that if the purpose of these forums is only for FF and rewards matters.

EmailKid Sep 17, 2012 9:22 am

Originally Posted by rtalk25 (Post 19329532)
Although lately, the $9 Fare Club seems de-emphasized from Spirit. For all those reasons, Spirit should have it's forum.

Not sure why you say that, I still get emails from them as well as see offers on their home page. Just that the $9 Fare seems to be $19.95 Fare with taxes ....

EmailKid

redtigeriii Sep 21, 2012 1:31 pm

I think eventually Spirit will get its own forum someday in the future. But I agree, there is definitely a bias present against them by a lot of people. If they had a better FF program it probably would have its own forum already. At least now they've added in the ability to use award miles online, even if those miles don't get you all that much.