Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit
Reload this Page >

Spirit says "Lower fares generally available at the airport."

Spirit says "Lower fares generally available at the airport."

Old Jun 23, 2012, 5:51 pm

Went in to Logan today, had no problems at all booking 4 round-trips to Dallas for $90 each, a saving of about $45. ~$180 is well worth the trip to the airport. Once again FT makes traveling cheaper. Thanks OP!
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:29 pm

Wow, I have wondered about this as well. I have a question though. I'm about 20 min from DTW. I'm trying to book a flight back home to LAX , leaving sun (7/1) or mon (7/2). Would it be possible to get these savings when buying a ticket a few days in advance or must i simply show up the day I wish to leave and purchase the ticket then? i was about to book online when i noticed that "lower fares at airport" bit. Please advise.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by grandosegood
Wow, I have wondered about this as well. I have a question though. I'm about 20 min from DTW. I'm trying to book a flight back home to LAX , leaving sun (7/1) or mon (7/2). Would it be possible to get these savings when buying a ticket a few days in advance or must i simply show up the day I wish to leave and purchase the ticket then? i was about to book online when i noticed that "lower fares at airport" bit. Please advise.
The flights I bought were for October. I'm not sure if it makes a difference that you're only a few days out, but this is not only for same days flights. Since you're pretty close, try it out and let us know!
Old Jun 30, 2012, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA: Premier 1K AA: Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by grandosegood
? I bought my ticket 10 days before I traveled.
Online price 10 days in advance: $60
Airport price 10 days in advance: $23.60
both after tax. You can go and purchase them any time at the airport.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:49 pm

Can you buy tickets for flights from different airports? For example, I would like to go to the Minneapolis airport to buy tickets to Orlando; half of the tickets I want to buy are for Minneapolis to Orlando, the other half would only be from Chicago to Orlando...is this possible or can I only buy tickets out of Minneapolis at the Minneapolis airport?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA: Premier 1K AA: Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by ancurl2
Can you buy tickets for flights from different airports? For example, I would like to go to the Minneapolis airport to buy tickets to Orlando; half of the tickets I want to buy are for Minneapolis to Orlando, the other half would only be from Chicago to Orlando...is this possible or can I only buy tickets out of Minneapolis at the Minneapolis airport?
I asked in SAN if I could buy a ticket for LAX-LAS-LAX and even for a different person, and they said yes.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 2:04 am

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Fantastic tip. Will have to keep this in mind.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 7:55 am

Cheaper at Airport

I have been watching the Chicago to Orlando Spirit fares for December for an early December weekend in the sun. On line price has been around $186 with no coupon eligibility and no $9 fare club discount.

Had three hours to kill at Laguardia so I went to the Spirit counter. Purchased for $143.

Significant savings.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 4:07 pm

Planning a trip into the Philly area in Oct out of BOS. Was near Logan today so I swung by and purchased my tickets. Online, they were $101.58 RT - at the counter I paid $67.60 - a savings of $33.98 over booking online. I will always purchase at the airport from now on...
Old Mar 24, 2014, 1:02 pm

Booking at DFW airport March 2014. I was curious about this topic until found this forum. So happy I did. I now have my friends visiting me for such low rates. I think saving $34 per booking is common.

Purchase 1:Roundtrip. MSP-DFW-MSP. Online Price: 137.98. At the counter: $104

Purchase 2: Roundtrip. PHX-DFW-PHX.
Online: $157.98. At counter: $124.

For Spirit DFW bookers. Go to Terminal E. Around gates E22 check in. Wait for the Spirit ticket counter that is all-purpose. You may have to stand to the side and wait extra for someone to help you with this. It took me about 25minutes from in the airport door to out.

Be sure to have all the information readily available, clearly written First and Last name, birth date, departure and arrival dates and times, and credit card. I'd also recommend bringing the billing address written out and an e-mail address. (My CC was linked to all this info). Having the online quoted price written out helps the agent realize that you aren't just annoyingly adding one more thing to do for them, you're actually saving money.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by skbunny15
Booking at DFW airport March 2014. I was curious about this topic until found this forum. So happy I did. I now have my friends visiting me for such low rates. I think saving $34 per booking is common.

Purchase 1:Roundtrip. MSP-DFW-MSP. Online Price: 137.98. At the counter: $104

Purchase 2: Roundtrip. PHX-DFW-PHX.
Online: $157.98. At counter: $124.

For Spirit DFW bookers. Go to Terminal E. Around gates E22 check in. Wait for the Spirit ticket counter that is all-purpose. You may have to stand to the side and wait extra for someone to help you with this. It took me about 25minutes from in the airport door to out.

Be sure to have all the information readily available, clearly written First and Last name, birth date, departure and arrival dates and times, and credit card. I'd also recommend bringing the billing address written out and an e-mail address. (My CC was linked to all this info). Having the online quoted price written out helps the agent realize that you aren't just annoyingly adding one more thing to do for them, you're actually saving money.
Does Spirit require AVS for your transaction?
(most GDS systems only require a credit card # and expiry dates for TAs to issue tickets, though then again NK isn't exactly sellable on a GDS...)
Even buying on AC.com I did not require AAVS information.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Does Spirit require AVS for your transaction?
(most GDS systems only require a credit card # and expiry dates for TAs to issue tickets, though then again NK isn't exactly sellable on a GDS...)
Even buying on AC.com I did not require AAVS information.

@AA_EXP09: No, the Spirit Ticket counter did not need the information. However I have purchased with Spirit online in the past and thus I figured they maybe already had it associated.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
My wife works close to DFW and I shall try to see if she can get this done.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
AT least they have a sense of humor
http://ir.spirit.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=836933
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:46 am

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Haha, love the April fools pr.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.