Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page > Spirit says "Lower fares generally available at the airport."

Spirit says "Lower fares generally available at the airport."

Reply

Old Jun 23, 12, 6:51 pm
  #46
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BOS
Programs: UA,AA,BA,AS,HH,SPG,IHG
Posts: 579
Went in to Logan today, had no problems at all booking 4 round-trips to Dallas for $90 each, a saving of about $45. ~$180 is well worth the trip to the airport. Once again FT makes traveling cheaper. Thanks OP!
aarif1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 12, 11:29 pm
  #47
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
Wow, I have wondered about this as well. I have a question though. I'm about 20 min from DTW. I'm trying to book a flight back home to LAX , leaving sun (7/1) or mon (7/2). Would it be possible to get these savings when buying a ticket a few days in advance or must i simply show up the day I wish to leave and purchase the ticket then? i was about to book online when i noticed that "lower fares at airport" bit. Please advise.
grandosegood is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 12, 12:07 pm
  #48
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BOS
Programs: UA,AA,BA,AS,HH,SPG,IHG
Posts: 579
Originally Posted by grandosegood View Post
Wow, I have wondered about this as well. I have a question though. I'm about 20 min from DTW. I'm trying to book a flight back home to LAX , leaving sun (7/1) or mon (7/2). Would it be possible to get these savings when buying a ticket a few days in advance or must i simply show up the day I wish to leave and purchase the ticket then? i was about to book online when i noticed that "lower fares at airport" bit. Please advise.
The flights I bought were for October. I'm not sure if it makes a difference that you're only a few days out, but this is not only for same days flights. Since you're pretty close, try it out and let us know!
aarif1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 12, 7:09 pm
  #49
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Diego
Programs: UA: Premier 1K AA: Executive Platinum
Posts: 354
Originally Posted by grandosegood View Post
Wow, I have wondered about this as well. I have a question though. I'm about 20 min from DTW. I'm trying to book a flight back home to LAX , leaving sun (7/1) or mon (7/2). Would it be possible to get these savings when buying a ticket a few days in advance or must i simply show up the day I wish to leave and purchase the ticket then? i was about to book online when i noticed that "lower fares at airport" bit. Please advise.
? I bought my ticket 10 days before I traveled.
Online price 10 days in advance: $60
Airport price 10 days in advance: $23.60
both after tax. You can go and purchase them any time at the airport.
UALsandiego is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 12, 1:49 pm
  #50
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3
Can you buy tickets for flights from different airports? For example, I would like to go to the Minneapolis airport to buy tickets to Orlando; half of the tickets I want to buy are for Minneapolis to Orlando, the other half would only be from Chicago to Orlando...is this possible or can I only buy tickets out of Minneapolis at the Minneapolis airport?
ancurl2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 12, 8:22 pm
  #51
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Diego
Programs: UA: Premier 1K AA: Executive Platinum
Posts: 354
Originally Posted by ancurl2 View Post
Can you buy tickets for flights from different airports? For example, I would like to go to the Minneapolis airport to buy tickets to Orlando; half of the tickets I want to buy are for Minneapolis to Orlando, the other half would only be from Chicago to Orlando...is this possible or can I only buy tickets out of Minneapolis at the Minneapolis airport?
I asked in SAN if I could buy a ticket for LAX-LAS-LAX and even for a different person, and they said yes.
UALsandiego is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 12, 3:04 am
  #52
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Jersey
Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,003
Fantastic tip. Will have to keep this in mind.
maksimfa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 12, 8:55 am
  #53
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Milwaukee, Wi. USA
Posts: 673
Cheaper at Airport

I have been watching the Chicago to Orlando Spirit fares for December for an early December weekend in the sun. On line price has been around $186 with no coupon eligibility and no $9 fare club discount.

Had three hours to kill at Laguardia so I went to the Spirit counter. Purchased for $143.

Significant savings.
LegalEagle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 12, 5:07 pm
  #54
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, ME
Posts: 340
Planning a trip into the Philly area in Oct out of BOS. Was near Logan today so I swung by and purchased my tickets. Online, they were $101.58 RT - at the counter I paid $67.60 - a savings of $33.98 over booking online. I will always purchase at the airport from now on...
robertwcook16 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 14, 2:02 pm
  #55
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2
Booking at DFW airport March 2014. I was curious about this topic until found this forum. So happy I did. I now have my friends visiting me for such low rates. I think saving $34 per booking is common.

Purchase 1:Roundtrip. MSP-DFW-MSP. Online Price: 137.98. At the counter: $104

Purchase 2: Roundtrip. PHX-DFW-PHX.
Online: $157.98. At counter: $124.

For Spirit DFW bookers. Go to Terminal E. Around gates E22 check in. Wait for the Spirit ticket counter that is all-purpose. You may have to stand to the side and wait extra for someone to help you with this. It took me about 25minutes from in the airport door to out.

Be sure to have all the information readily available, clearly written First and Last name, birth date, departure and arrival dates and times, and credit card. I'd also recommend bringing the billing address written out and an e-mail address. (My CC was linked to all this info). Having the online quoted price written out helps the agent realize that you aren't just annoyingly adding one more thing to do for them, you're actually saving money.
skbunny15 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 14, 7:01 pm
  #56
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere I need to be.
Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 16,043
Originally Posted by skbunny15 View Post
Booking at DFW airport March 2014. I was curious about this topic until found this forum. So happy I did. I now have my friends visiting me for such low rates. I think saving $34 per booking is common.

Purchase 1:Roundtrip. MSP-DFW-MSP. Online Price: 137.98. At the counter: $104

Purchase 2: Roundtrip. PHX-DFW-PHX.
Online: $157.98. At counter: $124.

For Spirit DFW bookers. Go to Terminal E. Around gates E22 check in. Wait for the Spirit ticket counter that is all-purpose. You may have to stand to the side and wait extra for someone to help you with this. It took me about 25minutes from in the airport door to out.

Be sure to have all the information readily available, clearly written First and Last name, birth date, departure and arrival dates and times, and credit card. I'd also recommend bringing the billing address written out and an e-mail address. (My CC was linked to all this info). Having the online quoted price written out helps the agent realize that you aren't just annoyingly adding one more thing to do for them, you're actually saving money.
Does Spirit require AVS for your transaction?
(most GDS systems only require a credit card # and expiry dates for TAs to issue tickets, though then again NK isn't exactly sellable on a GDS...)
Even buying on AC.com I did not require AAVS information.
AA_EXP09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 14, 1:10 pm
  #57
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09 View Post
Does Spirit require AVS for your transaction?
(most GDS systems only require a credit card # and expiry dates for TAs to issue tickets, though then again NK isn't exactly sellable on a GDS...)
Even buying on AC.com I did not require AAVS information.

@AA_EXP09: No, the Spirit Ticket counter did not need the information. However I have purchased with Spirit online in the past and thus I figured they maybe already had it associated.
skbunny15 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 14, 10:44 am
  #58
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: DFW
Programs: AA 1M
Posts: 25,293
My wife works close to DFW and I shall try to see if she can get this done.
UA Fan is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 14, 2:13 pm
  #59
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dallas, TX USA
Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
Posts: 1,202
AT least they have a sense of humor
http://ir.spirit.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=836933
john398 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 14, 2:46 am
  #60
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Jersey
Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,003
Haha, love the April fools pr.
maksimfa is offline  
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:59 pm.

Home - News - Forum - Hotel Reviews - Glossary - Contact Us - Airport Code Lookup - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Cookie Policy - Advertise on FlyerTalk - Archive - Top

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by Flyertalk.com. Copyright 2017 FlyerTalk.com. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.