Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit
Reload this Page >

Spirit says "Lower fares generally available at the airport."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spirit says "Lower fares generally available at the airport."

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2016, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by grizzam
Anyone have recent experience buying at the counter at ORD? random comment on a DD thread said that at some (unnamed) airport, you could only buy tickets at the counter between 8-4:30. Would be interested to know if thats true, and any other tips for buying at ORD.
You can buy tickets whenever the counter is open, but I'd recommend looking at the schedule and trying to time your purchase between big waves of flights. The line can be quite long if you don't. Counter is open from ~4AM-10PM.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by raycosm
The website https://customersupport.spirit.com/h...inal-Locations says 4:15 PM to 10:30 PM which struck me as a little strange.
That's the website that I'm pretty sure they rarely/never update!!! If it's not an airport where Spirit is for sure an all-day operation, I'd only go by their current flight schedule. And then, if there's a "wave", I'd attempt to be there 2 hours ahead of it. (Our MCI wave is 2 flights. )

Checking bags is $35 each way though, so you only really save like $26 by driving to the airport if you plan to check a bag. Gas was probably $4 and parking was supposed to be $3 for 0-1 hours but I didn't get charged. Probably wouldn't do it again since it took like an hour and a half, unless the airport was along the way.
Buying one ticket, checking a bag, and needing a separate trip to the airport does kind of kill off the value prop.

But if you need to buy 4, aren't checking bags (or maybe have 1 to check for the group), and are already in a Spirit location as part of some other flight, it can totally be worth heading over to their counter to buy tickets.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:31 pm

Programs: Spirit
All I have to say is WOW! Found this forum and saved so much money... Check it out... Went to Atlantic City Airport today. Was planning to buy two round trip tickets from AC Airport to Tampa on Spirit. Online I thought it was cheap, 175 for both people round trip. That was with a 25% off code.

I was actually thinking about signing up for the $9 fare club to save on luggage and a little on the airfare when I found this forum. Instead I went to the ticket counter today as I was picking up my parents at AC airport. Well I got those same tickets for both people for $60! Yes it was $30 per person for round trip tickets... $15 Each way! Talk about a savings! I appreciate everyone sharing this on here because I will never buy online again! YaHoooooooooo
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:46 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
LGA Term C

Just did this at LGA the other week. There was a little bit of a line (waited maybe 5-10 min, but there were 4 counter agents and a flight to Chicago had just been cancelled due to weather, and they were rebooking people. I stepped up and asked to buy a one-way ticket, and within 5-10 min had my ticket that was about $20 less than the website. It does appear though, that usually if you can get a good promo code for a round trip and the dates work for you, that it's about equivalent savings ($35-40 for roundtrip promo savings), so I would just do that. In this case, the available 20% off promo code didn't work for me because of the day of week restrictions, and roundtrip requirement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.