Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SCL International Airport questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2011, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

SCL International Airport questions

I've looked on the internet but can't find answers to my questions. Hope someone can help me...

We'll be arriving SCL on a LAN Business Class ticket... LAX-LIM-SCL.
1. We don't deplane in LIM so, am I correct that we're considered international arrivals?

2. We arrive SCL in Terminal 1. Is that the international terminal?

Our friends arrive on LAN 30 min. after us, coming from MIA. Can we wait in the LAN lounge for 30 min. and meeting them at their gate when they arrive.
3. Are we able to access the SCL LAN lounge after arrival?

Thanks for the help!
Old Jun 19, 2011, 9:58 pm

Programs: On the way to lowly LATAM Gold, AA, MiClub Lider
(1) ? LAX-LIM LIM-SCL LAX-SCL are all international itineraries.

(2) SCL only has two (large) terminals, the international one on one side and the national one on the other.

Lounge is in the international sterile/transit area so no lounge access (unless connecting to another international flight, I am assuming both parties are not connecting at SCL) and even if you did access that area, exiting international passengers who are not connecting are directed to passport control and customs. You could wait for them maybe after passport control but there is no place to relax. The better place is to meet them at the coffee shop in front of you when you leave customs from the sliding doors to the LEFT.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
My only other "waiting" thought is that if you see you will be there within about 10 or 15 minutes of each other (and indeed, you could be waiting in the immigration line at the same time) is that you will pass through a small duty free shop on the way to you luggage. It is hard to pass more than 5 minutes in there, but if you look at all the prices of everything very slowly, you could kill almost 10 minutes. Alternatively, wait at the baggage claim just before customs.

A couple of days ago, on LA601 (your flight), I was off the plane, paid a new reciprocity fee (no wait), immigration (no wait), and my luggage was on the carousel when I got there. Of course, this was from gate 10

A further thought - if you are all going to be sharing a taxi/van, etc. from SCL, you might want to wait in the baggage claim area if they are about to arrive (or they may get there before you) - it is easier for the uninitiated to pay for the transport before you hit the "public" area - the counters are past customs, but before you go out. (There are other counters past this point, but these are easiest.) Note that for 4, you may need a van, especially depending on how much luggage you have.

If it is going to be more than 20 to 30 minutes, the coffee shop is a good idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.