$2 Spirit Fare: LAS-LAX

Old Mar 29, 11, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
$2 Spirit Fare: LAS-LAX

Comes out to $49 RT ai. Tues and Weds only. Available through Sept. Several flights a day. Good for day or overnight trips.
Old Mar 29, 11, 2:15 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Additional Charges?

Are they still charging for bags, whether checked or carried on? Any other "hidden" costs?

xlax
Old Mar 29, 11, 2:42 pm

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by xlax View Post
Are they still charging for bags, whether checked or carried on? Any other "hidden" costs?

xlax
Spirit charges for everything. As of today, more if you don't pay online > 24 hours in advance of departure.
Old Mar 29, 11, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by bidhere23 View Post
Spirit charges for everything. As of today, more if you don't pay online > 24 hours in advance of departure.
That's the $pirit.
Old Mar 29, 11, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bidhere23 View Post
There is no bag fee if you carry-on something now larger than a normal (large) sized backpack or medium sized duffel.

You do have to pay a ticketing fee, so a $2 fare is really more like a $9 fare.

Still, obviously, dirt cheap if you're willing to fly them.
Old Mar 29, 11, 7:09 pm

Do you have to pay to use the lav?

How big of a bag can you carry on before they start charging you? Is a backpack okay? How about a roller bag?
Old Mar 29, 11, 9:59 pm

If they think it will not fit under the seat in front of you they charge And Spirit has no customer service. You get what you deserve for $2. Price is still too high for me
Old Mar 30, 11, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Plat | United Silver | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | Marriott Titanium | IHG Ambassador
I grabbed a couple for $39.40 ai

You can save about $16 if you were to ticket at an airport with a Spirit counter, but I figure $40 to do a quick overnight is better than fair. Not really a mileage run, but a cheap getaway.
Old Mar 30, 11, 11:15 am

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
i think u r wrong. i think u can get tix without the bs fee but not the ultra low $9 fare club or other special fares that u can get online
Old Mar 30, 11, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton View Post
i think u r wrong. i think u can get tix without the bs fee but not the ultra low $9 fare club or other special fares that u can get online
Yes, I believe that's correct. In another Spirit thread, somebody tried to buy one of the promo fares at the airport to save the fee and was told you couldn't do it.

As far as free luggage goes, the measurement restrictions are on the Spirit website. A normal carry-on rollerboard is too big. A decent sized backpack is OK. Most sophisticated travellers could pack for 3 or 4 days without having to pay the carry-on fee. Of course, most sophisticated travellers try to avoid flying Spirit.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: