Do TAM have an English-language website?

Old May 14, 10, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Do TAM have an English-language website?

Can someone please point me to an English-language part of TAM's website. It's not the most intuitive website to navigate for someone who doesn't speak Portugese...

Thanks
Old May 14, 10, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD Diamante, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Use www.tamairlines.com and select United States or United Kingdom for the country.
Old May 14, 10, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA Premiere Platinum
Hit the "Altera Pais" link near the top -- that will let you pick a new country (that is not Brasil).
Old May 20, 10, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Thanks! I didn't enjoy flying with the airline in the slightest...
Old May 21, 10, 2:51 am

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
Originally Posted by MileHighLawyer View Post
Can someone please point me to an English-language part of TAM's website. It's not the most intuitive website to navigate for someone who doesn't speak Portugese...

Thanks
TAM Website is available in English, Portuguese, Spanish, German and Italian.

Rgs,
Old May 21, 10, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Thanks! I didn't enjoy flying with the airline in the slightest...

The website is crap...

All my TAM flights have been very good.

PS. Where have you been hiding?
Old Aug 12, 12, 8:52 pm

Programs: Qantas, Miles and More
Angry TAM airlines english language webpage

It appears that "altera pais" has been replaced with "Billing Country". It also appears that to purchase a TAM ticket online you need to be a TAM airlines loyalty member
Old Aug 13, 12, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by anatinus View Post
It appears that "altera pais" has been replaced with "Billing Country". It also appears that to purchase a TAM ticket online you need to be a TAM airlines loyalty member
I had terrible problems trying to access my TAM loyalty account. You have to go through a rather lengthy, ill-conceived and confusing application process (including entering lots of ID information without any explaination of which number is required if you're not Brazilian). It took manual intervention of our Brazilian travel agent speaking to someone in TAM's head office who manually entered the details for me, to get the account set up. This was back in 2011.

Horrible airline. Rude staff. Awful food. Shockingly bad business seats.

Avoid like the plague!
Old Aug 16, 12, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by anatinus View Post
See http://www.tam.com.br/b2c/vgn/v/inde...003752070aRCRD (obtainable through the Star Alliance Web site).

They have offices in the U.S. (Miami, Orlando and New York). Telephone (listed under "TAM Shops" on the Web site): 1 888 2flytam (Only USA) or 1 888 235-9826. There are also local numbers for the abovementioned offices. TAM is not a great airline, but no worse, in my experience, than others such as Gol. I've flown TAM, over the course of several years, only on domestic Brazilian flights, except for Manaus-Miami. Last time I flew Gol, no free beer, and only chips and cookies as good. TAM not much better except one can get a hot sandwich (wrapped in foil) on longer flights. Quite easy to say "avoid it," but the options aren't great and can cost even more (depending on the route). I've found rudeness varies more by individual than by airline, worldwide. And you will find people on this site who will swear that serviceon any foreign airlineis better than on any U.S. carrier. I guess you haven't found alternties if you have a TAM loyalty account and you hate the airline so much. They are now part of LATAM, but will operate separately from LAN for the foreseable fguture. I've heard good reviews of Azul, but haven't flown them yet (from where we are-- Fortaleza-- Azul has few flights).

Last edited by SoCal; Aug 16, 12 at 3:50 pm
Old Aug 20, 12, 8:29 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Thumbs down

I had terrible problems trying to access my TAM loyalty account. You have to go through a rather lengthy, ill-conceived and confusing application process (including entering lots of ID information without any explaination of which number is required if you're not Brazilian). It took manual intervention of our Brazilian travel agent speaking to someone in TAM's head office who manually entered the details for me, to get the account set up. This was back in 2011.

Horrible airline. Rude staff. Awful food. Shockingly bad business seats.

Avoid like the plague!
I lrelocated from Brazil to Bangkok last March. One of the best things about this was that I no longer have to travel onhorrid and dysfunctional TAM, use overpriced shabby and poor service Brazilian hotels and airports, and deal with horrific service providers. Brazil is at least 30 years behind Asia when it comes to service industries. And since these are such an important part of quality if life, when you factor in things like law and order, cybercrime, etc the Brazilian quality of life thing is, in my view a gross exaggeration.
Old Aug 20, 12, 9:17 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Originally Posted by rathin100 View Post
I lrelocated from Brazil to Bangkok last March. One of the best things about this was that I no longer have to travel onhorrid and dysfunctional TAM, use overpriced shabby and poor service Brazilian hotels and airports, and deal with horrific service providers. Brazil is at least 30 years behind Asia when it comes to service industries. And since these are such an important part of quality if life, when you factor in things like law and order, cybercrime, etc the Brazilian quality of life thing is, in my view a gross exaggeration.
While I would agree on airports and partly on hotels (overpriced yes, but shabby and poor service ???), I don't think TAM is worse than major European airlines like AF or LX. I just had 4 TAM flights during the last 2 weeks, all 4 on time, inflight service on par with AF or LX, food ok.

The one thing I don't like with TAM, as with other Latin American carriers is the fact, that they charge different prices depending where your origin is. That leaves a bad taste. However, to be honest, the prices they charge on their European sites are still comparably cheaper than domestic AF routes.
Old Aug 24, 12, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rathin100 View Post
I agree about TAM being absolute pants.

However, I really like Brazil. There's a passion and lively atmosphere which you just don't see in Singapore, Hong Kong or Malaysia (despite the hotels and airports being much better). Each to their own, I suppose.
Old Aug 24, 12, 9:47 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
I agree about TAM being absolute pants.

However, I really like Brazil. There's a passion and lively atmosphere which you just don't see in Singapore, Hong Kong or Malaysia (despite the hotels and airports being much better). Each to their own, I suppose.
Brazil is lovely. No complaints happy memories. Try India sometime. Same issues, half the income still....
Old Sep 12, 12, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
TAM's website is certainly not the best but selecting US or UK as billing country will provide access to most of the site in English (except TAM Tips).
I have had no problem booking online as long as the credit card correlates to the "billing country".
I am no apologist for TAM, but as for service, I have flown both Y and C recently on domestic and international and found the service comparable with European carriers and better than typical US carriers. They don't go as far as flatbed on international C, but service compensates. Reasonable food and wine, free of charge.
Lounge access is patchy and often unadvertised but available.
Just IMHO of course.
Old Sep 13, 12, 3:39 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Currently all links end up on the Portuguese language booking page. ended up booking via Expedia - it cost 20 extra but at least i think I understood what I've purchased. Not too many other options to get from MVD-GRU that don't involve Miami

Booked a return but I only need the outbound (it was lots cheaper) - Expedia assure me I can cancel the inbound for a $70 penalty - should be lots of fun trying.....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: