Smelly pax kicked off Jazz flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2010, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Smelly pax kicked off Jazz flight

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/02/18...ex.html?hpt=T2
Old Feb 19, 2010, 8:11 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Another passenger described the smell as "brutal."
Enough Said.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 4:08 pm

Some airlines actually DO have a specific policy on body odors.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 6:42 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Wasn't this an episode of that Southwest Airlines TV show? I seem to recall that they made a pax go change his clothes before they would let him board because he smelled so badly.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by sobore
Enough Said.
enough said ^^^
Old Feb 19, 2010, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
All I can say is, I"m so glad this was done!
Old Feb 20, 2010, 7:41 am

Oo! I was flying home from Germany and several (5?), presumably Russian, men boarded and walked past my seat. Yikes! Yes, it was brutal. (I was told they were Russians, I don't know absolutely. I appologize to any Russians reading this. )

....This was in 1990.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
The most redolent flight I ever took was a French semi-charter airline which I caught at LAX on its way to Tahiti, but which had been carrying several hundred French passengers for 9 hours already. Phew!
Old Feb 20, 2010, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
I love that the photo in the article a (BA) 747. Anyone who's flown Jazz knows how far from the truth that is!
Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:27 pm

Programs: SPG, FPC, US
Flying in an old Air India 747 was the pits.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 7:45 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
I note in the story that he was ‘An American flying to Prince Edward Island’. I was in that very place last October and was unfortunate to get into a lift that had just discharged a large group of American ‘seniors’. Of course, you are a captive audience in a very limited airspace with next to no ventilation, travelling up seven floors. Now that was really a brutal smell. (Dental decay and urine if you must know).
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:15 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Great to see the potential "medical issue" excuse being raised on that report. So what medical issue results in someone stinking like a six-month old Gouda?
Old Feb 25, 2010, 1:54 pm

Programs: CO Gold Elite, BA Blue, for the moment - Hyatt Gold Passport, Priority Club, Marriott etc etc
Ugh. I once boarded a CO 777 from IAH to LGW... my hubby and I had chosen the center 3 (yes, it was Y) with the hope that no one would take the center seat. Unfortunately these were the days before CO made it clear to their check-in agents that they should leave elite seats free and fill up the back.

We arrived at our row and found a very friendly African man in the center seat, smiling happily. My heart sank as I sat down and was immediately accosted by the stong stench of dung. It was as if he had rolled in poo right before he boarded.

About 5 minutes later my savior arrived, resplendent in non-stinky blue jeans and a cashmere sweater. "I'm sorry, I think you're in my seat," said the stick-thin young lady to the stinky man.

He moved back two rows to curse someone else, the nice thin girl with no odor sat down between us, and then the FA came by later and said "there are lots of aisle and window seats in the back if you want to spread out" and the girl in the middle bolted.

That was a good day.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 2:02 pm

Programs: SU/DL/US/MR
Originally Posted by ElkeNorEast
Ugh. I once boarded a CO 777 from IAH to LGW... my hubby and I had chosen the center 3 (yes, it was Y) with the hope that no one would take the center seat. Unfortunately these were the days before CO made it clear to their check-in agents that they should leave elite seats free and fill up the back.

We arrived at our row and found a very friendly African man in the center seat, smiling happily. My heart sank as I sat down and was immediately accosted by the stong stench of dung. It was as if he had rolled in poo right before he boarded.

About 5 minutes later my savior arrived, resplendent in non-stinky blue jeans and a cashmere sweater. "I'm sorry, I think you're in my seat," said the stick-thin young lady to the stinky man.

He moved back two rows to curse someone else, the nice thin girl with no odor sat down between us, and then the FA came by later and said "there are lots of aisle and window seats in the back if you want to spread out" and the girl in the middle bolted.

That was a good day.
Another funny part to this story is that the women in the middle who jumped for greener pastures tells the story differently.

I'm sure she thinks of that FA as her saviour as to her dismay she had to sit down next two passangers who smelt like poo.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 7:37 am
B1

I was on LH (A340-500) YYZ-DUS on the aisle and this large fellow who only spoke Polish and was wearing short sleeves and no undershirt sat in the next seat. He was already sweaty and smelly - I wanted to offer him an undershirt - it got worse. I had ear plugs and a blindfold for my planned sleep. Unfortunately I didn't have a nose plug and it was a truly sickening experience. When I reclined the seat to get away from him there was a fellow in the seat behind me who started kicking the seat and screaming that I am not to recline the seat because he is there! LH should have deplaned both of them. I arrived in the worst shape I have ever been in after a flight. There should be on-board showers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.