Wiki Posts
Search

Spirit Airlines $9. Fares

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2009, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO One Pass, SW Rapid Rewards
Spirit Airlines $9. Fares

I belong to the Spirit $9. club and have been hawking the site trying to put together an $18 round trip fare, but I can't seem to do it.

I've found one way $9. fares but then the return flight is like $105 despite the ads.

Is it possible to put together an $18 rt fare?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 1:49 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Originally Posted by Buzliteyear
I belong to the Spirit $9. club and have been hawking the site trying to put together an $18 round trip fare, but I can't seem to do it.

I've found one way $9. fares but then the return flight is like $105 despite the ads.

Is it possible to put together an $18 rt fare?
Yes. And LAX to LAS many fares are $1 each way.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 5:42 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
I've done it MCO-FLL $1 each way without the $9 fare club
Old Oct 7, 2011, 2:55 pm

I've done $55 roundtrips this year from Latrobe to both Fort Lauderdale and Myrtle Beach without the need for $9 Fare Club membership (even thought I have one).

The Octoberfest Sale that started yesterday gave me 3 or 4 day trips to Tampa or Chicago from Detroit for the same price, though $9 Fare Club membership was required this time.

You just have to be able to check the Spirit site more than once a day for both the announced and, especially, the *unannounced* fare specials. If you are looking to go to a specific destination in a general timeframe with someone, have that person's birthdate and name as it appears on his/her drivers license so you book the tickets as soon as you see them. While some of the cheap fares last pretty much through to the end of the sale period, others are snapped up immediately.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
There are no $18 all ins.

Most domestic roundtrips on every other airline have about $18 in tax

Spirit has $38 in taxes/fees because they have the passenger usage fee which is total BS

So if you get a one way fare of $17, it becomes:

$17 + $17 + $38 = $72

+ baggage fees watch the 40lb wt limit
+ carryon fees
+ seat fee
+ water/drink fee

Oh and they may strand you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.