Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAA Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2009, 6:19 am
Original Poster

SAA Questions

I am due to fly on SAA and have not flown with them before. Hopefully there are some people here who can answer some of these questions:

1. I am flying LHR-JNB-PLZ in economy...is there always one vegetarian option for the meals or do I have to order one in advance?

2. I am Star Alliance Silver...can I use the business class check-in desks at LHR and JNB domestic?

3. I want to shower in between flights and grab something to eat. I am a Priority Pass holder so could use the Bidair Arrivals Lounge or the Bidair Domestic Departure lounge...does the departure lounge have adequate showers or would I be best using the Arrivals lounge? What about the food?

4. I am scheduled to fly on the earlier flight to JNB but if this flight is overbooked, could I volunteer to fly on the later flight in exchange for cash and/or an upgrade? Would SAA rebook my connecting flight to PLZ if I opted to do this?

Thanks!!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by dg252
I am due to fly on SAA and have not flown with them before.

1. I am flying LHR-JNB-PLZ in economy...is there always one vegetarian option for the meals or do I have to order one in advance?
Definitely pre-order. IAD-JNB there was only chicken and beef: JNB-JFK lamb and fish (in economy). Domestic JNB-CPT had a tuna sandwich. I didn't order vegetarian and was out of luck on the first leg but put in the request for the return.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
As above - definitely pre order a veggie meal. SAA usually offer chicken or lamb.

The planes used to be full, but in these recession times, are no longer as full. I've never witnessed offers to catch a later flight.

JNB domestic checkin is not very busy early in the morning. I don't believe I've ever seen a silver desk at either end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.