Fly540

Old Nov 24, 08, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Fly540

Anyone used these guys?

http://www.fly540.com/webpages/kenya/home.html

Seem to be based at NBO airport and offer flights to regional cities and local tourist locations like Lamu

Any feedback welcome ... they claim to be low-cost, but seem the same price as all the others to Lamu at least !
Old Nov 26, 08, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I've flown on 540 several times. They are fine - turboprop aircraft. It is often impossible to pay for a ticket online with a credit card. Tickets are also often much cheaper if purchased at the city ticketing office - for example a ticket to Kisumu from Nairobi is always ~$200 US all/in but sometimes as low as $100 if purchased in Kenya.

Had one flight be cancelled and they were very active in re-accommodating passengers. That said, I'd rather fly KQ if price was equal - especially if making an international connection at Nairobi.
Old Nov 28, 08, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Thanks Jesus4Jets .. I think I've made an online booking (thanks for the tip about the city office being cheaper, but I'm not going to be in NBO before the flight) .. It appears to have gone through .. no confirmation on the website (after the credit card payment it goes to a blank page) .. but I have received conf. email and it has ticket numbers etc. and I can go back to the site to look up the booking .. so hopefully it's fine!) .. I'll double check that the card gets charged and may call/email them to confirm but I think it worked.

I'm flying NBO-Lamu .. and given Kenya Airways withdrawal from the route these guys have the best times and operate from NBO airport rather than Wilson which is much better for connections.

Will update here after the flight for future reference to let you know how I get on.
Old Aug 2, 10, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Has anyone else had any experiences with them?
Old Aug 3, 10, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
They're fine. I flew to Lamu on them earlier this year. No concerns at all. A fine experience.
Old Aug 3, 10, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL PM; AA EXP
Luggage restrictions on Fly540?

I'm considering one or more Fly540 flights (Zanzibar-Arusha), but can't find what their luggage restrictions are. Anyone know if you're allowed regular checked luggage or if they restrict it to "soft-sided" duffle-bag type luggage only?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: