Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standby on El Al from JFK-Tel Aviv ?????

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2005, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Question Standby on El Al from JFK-Tel Aviv ?????

Hello,
My Aunt has won some tickets on EL Al, unfortunately it has to be on a standby basis. She plans to travel in May. When do you think she might have the best chance of catching two standby seats on the first or second try? Is there a particularly good day of the week or a day when loads may be lighter? Any other tricks of standing by?
Thanks in advance.
Jon
Old Mar 13, 2005, 7:17 pm

xxxxxxxx

Last edited by planeguy; Nov 2, 2012 at 9:52 pm
Old Mar 13, 2005, 9:49 pm
Suspended

Be VERY careful of May 5th or any day that week!!!

Why 1- Passover ends on Sun May 1 so most people who came in to visit will be heading back, with the planes usually oversold LY will roll those left to the next day. 2-Also the hundreds of Religious students who come back for Passover will be heading back over as the new term will be starting Sun May 8.

So I doubt that it will so easy to stand-by and get on anything that 1st week in May. They would do better trying on Weds 5/11 or Thurs. Reason for more flights on Weds is that LY cant fly on Thurs night since it will land too close to sundown on Fri, but check since we turn the clocks back on 4/2 they might be reinstiuting a later flight than just the normal noon flight on Thurs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.