How is the First Class lounge in Cape Town?

Old Mar 11, 05, 3:42 am
Original Poster

How is the First Class lounge in Cape Town?

How is the First Class Lounge in Cape Town of SAA?

What to expect?
Old Mar 11, 05, 8:38 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Hmm... I can hardly remember. So for starters that tells you it's not memorable It's pretty small - hardly surprising since only LHR flights offer F out of CPT. That's a max of 11 pax per day! Plus it is used by Platinum Voyager members. But it was very quiet and restful on the one occasion I used it.

I guess they offer the usual showers (very nice in their other F lounges) but I didn't use them. They offered a very limited hot menu - sounded better on the page than it turned out to be. But they do have good bubbly and a nice view of the mountains across the tarmac.
Old Mar 17, 05, 6:59 pm

Programs: AC, AA, Marriott Rewards, Tim Hortons
Thumbs up

I was there a year ago - quite pleasant.

Full service bar, mixed drinks, beer, wine, juice, etc.
Nice sandwiches available, lots of snacks, fruit, etc.
Nice view of airport activities
Lots of nooks and crannies for reading/snoozing
Good selection of newspapers and magazines.

Business desks with good lighting and power, etc.

I'm not sure about showers, but probably.

As an aside, I was travelling CPT ATL in Y on SAA with 90 mins to kill before boarding. I wandered by the F/C lounge and asked the SAA hostess if she knew where I could find a power outlet 'in the main terminal waiting area' as I wanted to do some work on my notebook but the battery was drained.

She said "Why not just come in here?" to which I replied I was travelling Y.
She invited me in anyways -- VERY nice people in SA.
Old May 25, 07, 8:51 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Plat, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat Prem
What is the Star Alliance Gold lounge option at CPT for domestic flights? Is the international lounge in a separate, unaccessible area?
Old May 26, 07, 2:46 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Domestic and international flights leave from separate, unconnected terminals. I would imagine the SA domestic business lounge is designated as a *Gold lounge but cannot say for sure.
Old May 26, 07, 8:32 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA View Post
Domestic and international flights leave from separate, unconnected terminals. I would imagine the SA domestic business lounge is designated as a *Gold lounge but cannot say for sure.
I can confirm that the SA domestic lounge in CPT (as well as PLZ) is a *G lounge, I did see the signs when I was there last Wednesday.
Old May 27, 07, 1:38 pm

Programs: LH, SA, AA
Originally Posted by thijsseh View Post
I can confirm that the SA domestic lounge in CPT (as well as PLZ) is a *G lounge, I did see the signs when I was there last Wednesday.

All SA domestic lounges double up as *G lounges. I usually use my SEN card (LH *G) for access when flying Y.

Search this Thread