Wiki Posts
Search

SAA Faces Fine Over Incentives to Agents

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2004, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

SAA Faces Fine Over Incentives to Agents

"SOUTH African Airways (SAA) is now in double trouble with the competition authorities after the Competition Commission yesterday referred a second case of anticompetitive behaviour to the Competition Tribunal for a ruling, with a recommendation for SAA to be fined up to R1,6bn."

Source : allAfrica.com

johan
Old Oct 19, 2004, 3:50 am

Programs: LH SEN
...always makes me wonder if things would be better for SAA if they were fully privatized and not part of the Transnet behemoth??? Anything has got to be better than grinding the wheel with the South African government.

This is not to say that the thing with the TAs is good/bad - I just think SAA would do a lot better for itself as a private company.

Still love to fly the new SA C though ^

Last edited by FS_FRA; Oct 19, 2004 at 3:50 am Reason: spelling
Old Oct 22, 2004, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by floris_FRA
...always makes me wonder if things would be better for SAA if they were fully privatized and not part of the Transnet behemoth??? Anything has got to be better than grinding the wheel with the South African government.

This is not to say that the thing with the TAs is good/bad - I just think SAA would do a lot better for itself as a private company.

Still love to fly the new SA C though ^
Can you share some of your experiences with us ? How were the seats ?

Thx,

John
Old Oct 23, 2004, 7:33 am

Programs: DL Gold, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Hertz Gold Pres Circle, AMEX Plat
Any idea if the South African govt (or Transnet, or S.A.A.) has waived sovereign immunity? Based on the fact that S.A.A. has been hit by this twice, I think, at least S.A.A. has.

I have seen a general so-called government bureaucrat attitude from some S.A.A. phone / gate agents, FAs, etc. But, I think its based on other factors than the fact that S.A.A. is, at least partially, part of the government.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.