Cairo Airfare.

Old May 25, 04, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P
Cairo Airfare.

Hello,

I'm thinking about going to Cairo for Thanksgiving this year and haven't any idea what a "good" fare is. I'm leaving from NYC/PHL and have seen "special" fares at like $500+taxes. Are these frequent? Or are the $775+taxes fares I'm seeing now the norm?

Thanks.
Old May 25, 04, 1:25 pm

>>I'm thinking about going to Cairo for Thanksgiving this year and haven't any idea what a "good" fare is. >>

My cousin flew JFK to Cairo and said that Egyptair have the lowest fares generally and it's nonstop. Call them and check: Expedia, Orbitz, Traveocity and Cheaptickets.
Old May 26, 04, 3:42 pm

Programs: SkyMiles MM, HHonors Gold, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by deejboram
Hello,

I'm thinking about going to Cairo for Thanksgiving this year and haven't any idea what a "good" fare is. I'm leaving from NYC/PHL and have seen "special" fares at like $500+taxes. Are these frequent? Or are the $775+taxes fares I'm seeing now the norm?

Thanks.
We flew to CAI from ATL in January for a fare of $708 including taxes and junk fees. DL to JFK, then OK (Czech Air's symbol, I think) to Prague and on to Cairo. This was the lowest fare I've seen. Lufthansa via Frankfurt was $840. It coulbe less from NYC.

A note of caution: When flying OK you get into Prague early AM, and leave late PM, so you can have a whole day of sight-seeing in beautiful city. Or, you can have a hotel room and 2 meals on them. But you do lose a day and get into Cairo at 2 am. Also, OK does not fly PRG-CAI daily, only on some days, at least in winter. Check their web site.
Old May 26, 04, 10:12 pm

[Pretty generous for them to include a hotel and meals. How was OK? I don't like the small A310 they use. I flew on DL, PA and CO A310s and found them uncomfortable.
Old May 30, 04, 3:18 pm

Programs: SkyMiles MM, HHonors Gold, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by Bretteee
[Pretty generous for them to include a hotel and meals. How was OK? I don't like the small A310 they use. I flew on DL, PA and CO A310s and found them uncomfortable.
Yes, that's what I think, too. Hotel room + 2 meals costs $$$, with their fares, I don't see how they can make money.

310 was OK by me, but it was full! Now, *that* was unpleasant.
Old May 31, 04, 10:08 pm

What hotel do they put you up in? In town or at the airport?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: