Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Schedule change Oman Air - is re-routing possible?

Schedule change Oman Air - is re-routing possible?

Old Jan 20, 2024, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by etrust
Booked direct with Oman Air.

Email via their website page contact us details
From Bangkok where are you flying to and with which airline?
Old Feb 3, 2024, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Diamind
The saga continues…logged into booking today to find our MCT to KUL flight has changed. We now have a 4 day layover in MCT with no onward flight currently from KUL to PER. Having spent several days getting previous change sorted it now starts again. Looked at alternatives they may rebook us onto, Thai has an option but it’s 25 hours in BKK arriving 05.55 and leaving 07.20 next day which is not ideal. Has anyone had success getting rebooked onto Qatar?
Old Feb 3, 2024, 7:45 pm

Same here, will most likely go with Refund.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 5:15 pm

I will be flying from MUC to MCT then MCT to MNL. I saw about a week ago that my MUC to MCT flight was moved to the next day. The connecting flight from MCT to MNL, however, was kept on the original schedule.

I had to call their contact center multiple times to get the connecting flight corrected. I didn't want a refund since the revised flight itinerary still works for me.

There appear to be frequent schedule modifications and equipment changes happening at Oman Air. Their MXP flights from MCT have dropped from 6 times a week to just 3 times a week. They will also lower the frequencies of MCT to FRA and MUC to 4 times a week.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by saleflyer
The saga continues…logged into booking today to find our MCT to KUL flight has changed. We now have a 4 day layover in MCT with no onward flight currently from KUL to PER. Having spent several days getting previous change sorted it now starts again. Looked at alternatives they may rebook us onto, Thai has an option but it’s 25 hours in BKK arriving 05.55 and leaving 07.20 next day which is not ideal. Has anyone had success getting rebooked onto Qatar?
Ask for a full refund and book with QR on your own.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
We looked at this but the price for flights with Qatar is astronomical, more than twice what we paid for the Oman Air flights. Looks like a refund and rebook in economy on another airline.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 1:41 am

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, Delta Silver Medallion, BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by SK AAR
No, that isn't a good idea. Hold the booking with WY and demand firmly and also politely to be rebooked onto another airline. Escalate it to MCT if that doesn't work.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 1:47 am

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, Delta Silver Medallion, BAEC Bronze
https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/240130-wyns24

Going through this page, it seems like WY is downsizing significantly for NS24 season. I am surprised to see that they are cutting down several popular routes like MXP, CDG. FRA, BKK, KUL and entirely on flights to ZRH, CMB.

Makes me wonder what the thought process was at the WY HQ in MCT when they decided on this schedule.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by qraec777
No, that isn't a good idea. Hold the booking with WY and demand firmly and also politely to be rebooked onto another airline. Escalate it to MCT if that doesn't work.
They won’t even return my calls now. Calling main number, they keep telling me that someone from the Operations team will call me but no- one does. Will leave it a couple of weeks then try again. Who do you suggest I escalate to?
Old Feb 7, 2024, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by qraec777
If it's far enough ahead, WY can simply offer a refund if alternatives offered are not acceptable (they don't seem to state they will book on alternative carriers as, say, SV does).

. If, after you purchase your Ticket, we make a significant change to the scheduled flight time, which is not acceptable to you, and we are unable to book you on an alternate flight which is acceptable to you, you will be entitled to a refund in accordance with Article 10.2. Apart from this, we will have no liability to you for any loss or expense whatsoever.
See 9.1.2

https://www.omanair.com/ca/en/conditions-carriage
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:08 am

Programs: QR Platinum, QF Nobody, Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus
I had a similar issue with a Europe - Australia trip in March, via KUL both legs. Outward ok, return meant a 36 hour stop in KUL and a night in MCT instead of straight through. I called and to be fair the Operations team called me back within a couple of hours. Initially told me it was just a time change, I politely pressed that 36 hours wasn't a reasonable time change (plus an overnight in MCT!). They then tried to bring forward a day (I couldn't) or return 3 days later (again not practical for me) so they rebooked me on Thai via BKK, and I end up with 2-3 hour layover on the return then onto WY 787-9 and connect to my original final flight. Polite persistence won out in the end. Unfortunately one of our seat reservations for the MH flight has disappeared and it was such a hassle to organise (three phone calls and several emails) that we'll just suck that up, along with the downgrade to the 737-8 MCT to KUL. Note: make sure you call during business hours in Oman, on their working days.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Update - after 10 days of calling and waiting for the call back from the scheduling team that never happened, we have been rebooked onto Qatar Airways. Now flying Qatar all sectors as we were also rebooked due to schedule change on the return. Now hoping the Qatar flights don’t change.
dvs7310, plunet and qraec777 like this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 3:44 am

I'm in similar situation albeit for a flight to Melbourne from London in Dec (so plenty of time to sort out, and leisure trip so I'm flexible). Route is LHR-MCT-KUL-MEL with a 12 hour stopover in MCT. Hoping Oman air will be a OW member, and I can bag 2/3 of my tier points for gold (plus plenty of avios in the process), as well as see Muscat and have a comfortable flight out to Auz.

They've however changed my flight from MCT-KUL leg to depart a day later, without moving my KUL-MEL leg flight.

I called their customer services and was told someone would ring back within the hour, but no one did. I can't seem to find an email address, other than for the Sindbad FFP. Did anyone who emailed use this email address or is there another?
Old Mar 14, 2024, 4:02 am

Interesting to read about Oman Air rebooking you onto different carriers.
I actually had a pretty mixed ground experience with them so far:
Had Booked CGK -> MCT -> FRA -> HAM
The MCT -> FRA leg had an aircraft change from A330-300 to B787-9 (which is a shame, I would've liked to try out the "old" business class) - but was also pushed 12 hours, which meant I missed my codeshare LH flight from FRA to HAM, which wasn't automatically rebooked.
I called the German Oman Air Office - they referred me to the main Oman Air office. They said the Jakarta Office would have to take care of it, I emailed them, and after a few hours I actually got a call. She gave me a choice which LH flight I'd like to rebook on, and took care of everything.
Also confirmed I'd get a hotel on MCT for the 17 hour layover - so far so good.
Hoping for no further changes....
skgwho likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Flixi
Interesting to read about Oman Air rebooking you onto different carriers.
I actually had a pretty mixed ground experience with them so far:
Had Booked CGK -> MCT -> FRA -> HAM
The MCT -> FRA leg had an aircraft change from A330-300 to B787-9 (which is a shame, I would've liked to try out the "old" business class) - but was also pushed 12 hours, which meant I missed my codeshare LH flight from FRA to HAM, which wasn't automatically rebooked.
I called the German Oman Air Office - they referred me to the main Oman Air office. They said the Jakarta Office would have to take care of it, I emailed them, and after a few hours I actually got a call. She gave me a choice which LH flight I'd like to rebook on, and took care of everything.
Also confirmed I'd get a hotel on MCT for the 17 hour layover - so far so good.
Hoping for no further changes....
Good old German efficiency. Also nice to see they provided a hotel - was it any good? Or just a basic hotel?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.