Kenya Airways Asante number in AZ booking

Old Aug 29, 2023, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX,A3, TK, AZ,KQ
Kenya Airways Asante number in AZ booking

Has anyone been successful in using the perks of Kenya Airways Asante Rewards on AZ (ITA Airways) bookings?
I have an AZ flight coming soon and I was wondering if the SkyTeam Elite Plus perks from Asante Rewards are recognized by ITA for having lounge access and extra luggage?
I've read that is not always working...any good experience ?
Thanks !
Old Aug 30, 2023, 12:09 am

Programs: Eurobonus
https://asante.kenya-airways.com/partners

Seems not. These two programs are both treated as ....... children in Skyteam's #allianceNOTalliance stance.
fedeflyer and AlwaysFlyStar like this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Jetboi
https://asante.kenya-airways.com/partners

Seems not. These two programs are both treated as ....... children in Skyteam's #allianceNOTalliance stance.
What's the point to be part of an alliance if you can't share the perks... that's a weird one !
AlwaysFlyStar likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by fedeflyer
Has anyone been successful in using the perks of Kenya Airways Asante Rewards on AZ (ITA Airways) bookings?

Yikes! Attempting to marry Skyteam's two most recent and most dysfunctional members seems a pretty hopeless task.

Maybe Asante can cling to links with the airline's former FlyingBlue partners, and even work of establishing hook ups with other established members ..... but ITA, a carrier destined to leave the alliance for a new life with Star and the Lufthansa group ?
fedeflyer likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Yikes! Attempting to marry Skyteam's two most recent and most dysfunctional members seems a pretty hopeless task.

Maybe Asante can cling to links with the airline's former FlyingBlue partners, and even work of establishing hook ups with other established members ..... but ITA, a carrier destined to leave the alliance for a new life with Star and the Lufthansa group ?
Yes, it's bit challenging haha .. I will report my experience in few weeks !
Old Sep 9, 2023, 4:30 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Works like a charm with SV (sky priority / lounge and free seat selection).
Old Sep 17, 2023, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by frenchft
Were you able to add the asante number when booking or did you have to add at check in? Looking at Saudia flights with my fresh asante match and this would be great if it works this smoothly after hearing of difficulties on other SkyTeam airlines.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great to hear! - but the caveat to the good news is a caution that in the early days of Volare it took Saudia some time to understand that ITA wasn't Alitalia. Initially, ITA card numbers were accepted but I'm guessing the revenue folk at SV eventually worked out that something was wrong ....

I think most Skyteam carriers haven't yet formalised agreements with ITA: let's hope they are quicker off the mark with Asante - which, after all, is the replacement FFP off a long-term, fully fledged partner in the alliance,
Old Sep 18, 2023, 11:36 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by josefw
Were you able to add the asante number when booking or did you have to add at check in? Looking at Saudia flights with my fresh asante match and this would be great if it works this smoothly after hearing of difficulties on other SkyTeam airlines.
Available in the FF list on your booking and in your check in page.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Great to hear! - but the caveat to the good news is a caution that in the early days of Volare it took Saudia some time to understand that ITA wasn't Alitalia. Initially, ITA card numbers were accepted but I'm guessing the revenue folk at SV eventually worked out that something was wrong ....

I think most Skyteam carriers haven't yet formalised agreements with ITA: let's hope they are quicker off the mark with Asante - which, after all, is the replacement FFP off a long-term, fully fledged partner in the alliance,
i did the test with my ITA number on SV recently too and it works too. New BP with sky priority etc.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i did the test with my ITA number on SV recently too and it works too. New BP with sky priority etc.
You had better fortune than I. I tried out of curiosity, and got nowhere: couldn't even see ITA in the dropdown menu.. There again, SV can be difficult: last week the website wasn't accepting Delta numbers. The workaround is "my booking" on Tarom's website to add frequent flyer numbers Saudia doesn't want to know about.

The original way to blag it with a Volare card was to convince SV check-in agents to add the numbers as Alitalia, so it's good to know you managed to add your credentials yourself.

Last edited by IAN-UK; Sep 19, 2023 at 5:01 pm
Old Sep 24, 2023, 11:07 pm

Checked in on a VN flight SGN-BKK online today. "KQ" came up under "add requent flying number", but I then got "can not find frequent flyer number". I will try at the Airport tomorrow and try to remember to report back.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 3:47 pm

Programs: TK Elite, KQ Platinum
Originally Posted by Vietjan
Checked in on a VN flight SGN-BKK online today. "KQ" came up under "add requent flying number", but I then got "can not find frequent flyer number". I will try at the Airport tomorrow and try to remember to report back.
waiting for the report, I'm flying Aeromexico in 2 weeks and they have "Kenyan airways flying blue" but Asante number doesn't work
Old Sep 27, 2023, 6:51 pm

Just checked in for Korean Air.

Put KQ number and boarding pass clearly shows Skypriority.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 7:16 pm

Update on my VN case: I checked in with my Y ticket at the VN sky priority desk. They still couldn't enter the Asante number in the system. But they let me check in there. At the lounge, I showed my boarding pass and my Asante details on my mobile phone screen. After about 5 ninutes and several phone calls they let me in (very friendly at all times). I sent a message to KQ and they quickly replied that they are implementing now (impressed with their quick reply). Fingers crossed for the return trip on Saturday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.