Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Possible for RJ Same plane turn at outstations (CAI specifically)?

Old May 27, 2023, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K

I've got a RJ flight into CAI coming up, but am going to turn and leave CAI the same day. I'm actually pretty keen on the RJ flight that leaves on the same plane I arrived on, but not sure how good / bad RJ is at this? The ground time is exactly an hour, so I'd have to be ablet to get boarding passes in AMM before the AMM-CAI flight (no mobile boarding pass allowed in CAI). There is a later CAI-AMM flight that would work for the same price, but it's 5 hours later, and there's no alcohol in any CAI lounge, that's a REALLY long time to twiddle my thumbs with crappy internet and nothing to drink (ok, soft drinks... sure). I'd much prefer to spend those same extra 5 hours in AMM if at all possible.

Love to hear others' experience with RJ on this. I am pretty sure I can get away with carry on only, so as long as I have boarding passes in hand for CAI-AMM (issued in AMM or BKK) then should be golden.

Last edited by dvs7310; May 27, 2023 at 7:14 am
Old May 28, 2023, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is no way on the planet I would be attempting a same plane back to back in CAI. None whatsoever.

Book the later flight, buy a visa on arrival and head over to Le Meridian if you really need a drink between flights.
Old May 30, 2023, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
There is no way on the planet I would be attempting a same plane back to back in CAI. None whatsoever.

Book the later flight, buy a visa on arrival and head over to Le Meridian if you really need a drink between flights.
As much as it pains me, yeah I decided on the later flight. I'll talk to the transit desk in AMM on my way and see if they can print boarding passes there for CAI-AMM and try to change there if so. It's a full flex business ticket, so as long as there's a seat on the 9:20 I'll be ok. If AMM won't check me in for CAI-AMM though then it definitely won't work out and I'll be enjoying CAI T2 for 5 hours, LOL. They do have beer at the restaurants and cafes oddly, just not the lounges. I haven't inquired with the T2 lounge if you can BYO or not. MS lounges in T3 have allowed me to do that before.

I'd love to say this will be my last time dealing with CAI but the premium fares out of there are just too appealing sometimes. Certainly though one of the worst airport experiences anywhere in the world.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.