Wiki Posts
Search

Oman Air - codeshares

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2023, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Oman Air - codeshares

I’ve just taken advantage of the Oman Air sale to buy some cheap Business Class fares to Turkey (ex AKL) in September/October. Flights are via KUL and MCT, with the first flight being an Oman Air codeshare operated by Malaysia Airlines. Am I correct in thinking there’s nowhere I can credit this flight? I’m planning to join Sindbad for the KUL to IST (via MCT) flights (which I can then hopefully use the points for flights with QF in future when Oman joins OW) and the return KUL-AKL isn’t a codeshare (so I can credit direct to my QFF) but the first codeshare flight appears to fall into a hole where I can’t credit it to Sindbad or QFF. Thanks in advance.
Old May 20, 2023, 9:29 pm

Programs: QF - lifetime Gold, BR- Gold
I recently had my MH flights credited to my QFF, and WY to Sinbad, assuming you have an MH flight number there should be no problems. Had to use the MH app to enter my QF number but worked fine.
Old May 21, 2023, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Thanks. First flight has a WY flight number and is operated by Malaysia Airlines. Sindbad terms seem to suggest only WY operated flights earn miles, hence my question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.