Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help - Saudia downgraded flight TUN-JED

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2023, 8:50 am

Rebooked

I was having the same issue and they rebooked me on Qatar Airways with QSuites on the DOH-CGK v.v. segments . Doesn't feel like a downgrade at all! Due to Flying Blue rules I will still get the sky team miles and xp of my original ticket
Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:43 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Thanks SK98, that all sounds very promising. I guess if I can get TK under these conditions I will do this. QSuites is quite a notch better as the A330 TK flies from IST-BKK, but that is a 9:40 flight where QR is well below 7.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 10:02 am

From the FB rules - assuming we talk about unforeseen circumstances original route credit likely applies:

2.5: In case of flight cancellations, by Air France, KLM, other SkyTeam Partners and, or other Airline Partners, caused by, including but not limited to, weather conditions, labour disputes, government directives, schedules changes or security reasons, the Member will not earn Miles and, or gain XP
2.7 ....In the event of a transfer onto an alternative flight due to circumstances unforeseen (and not caused by the Member) the Member will gain XP and earn Miles for the flight originally purchased, and not for the route flown. Miles are earned on services and, or extra options only if personally utilised by the Member. The Member’s account can be credited only once for each flight flown and can be credited only once for each service used...
https://www.flyingblue.com/kamino/policies/en/us
Jaegersss likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Just called the call centre and I was also rebooked to QR
They also told me, it is possible to change the origin to any other North African airport with SV, but not possible to make a change to an European airport.
f0zzyNUE and atflyer like this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 8:46 am

Well, you guys all seem lucky. I called today in the afternoon first the French, then the German and then the Saudi helpdesks (where I was rerouted 3 times) but none of the people I spoke to had the authority to rebook, and they all referred to their number in SA (+966 920022222). I was told in the end to submit a form (technical form) on their website and that is not going through as we speak. Maybe I just have one of these bad days. But then in all honesty, my ticket was really super-cheap (1000 Euro), although I noted that returns TUN-CGK or TUN-KUL were just maybe a few 100 Euro more expensive. Maybe that is the reason for the difference in experience?

Last edited by atflyer; Feb 23, 2023 at 8:59 am
Old Feb 23, 2023, 8:47 am

PS the FB chat confirmed you can claim original routing XP and miles in this case.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Did you buy the ticket from a travel agency?

Originally Posted by atflyer
Well, you guys all seem lucky. I called today in the afternoon first the French, then the German and then the Saudi helpdesks (where I as rerouted 3 times) but none of the people I spoke to had the authority to rebook, and they all referred to their number in SA (+966 920022222). I was told in the end to submit a form (technical form) on their website and that is not going through as we speak. Maybe I have a bad day. But then in all honesty, my ticket was really super-cheap (1000 Euro), although I noted that returns TUN-CGK or TUN-KUL were just maybe a few 100 Euro more expensive. Maybe that is the reason for the difference in experience?
Old Feb 23, 2023, 9:26 am

No, directly from the SV website, that is not it. I would be interested to understand if your tickets also were in the 1000-1200 Euro range or much more expensive, which would be an explanation too. When I booked, tickets from Cairo or Morocco were markedly more expensive as those starting in Tunis. And I would not exclude a mistake from the SV side that they priced Tunis tickets already low due to the expected equipment change but forgot to adjust the seat plan or so.

Last edited by atflyer; Feb 23, 2023 at 9:31 am
Old Feb 23, 2023, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Mine was bit less than 1k, class I

No, directly from the SV website, that is not it. I would be interested to understand if your tickets also were in the 1000-1200 Euro range or much more expensive, which would be an explanation too. When I booked, tickets from Cairo or Morocco were markedly more expensive as those starting in Tunis. And I would not exclude a mistake from the SV side that they priced Tunis tickets already low due to the expected equipment change but forgot to adjust the seat plan or so.
atflyer likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 1:21 pm

Thanks for the info. Same with me in terms of pricing and same class (I). I probably have no option but to try HUCA (Hang Up, Call Again) till I find someone who is authorised. At least the other cases show they are totally similar as mine and give a precedent for a good outcome.

Last edited by atflyer; Feb 23, 2023 at 1:30 pm
Old Feb 23, 2023, 9:30 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Thanks for the info. Same with me in terms of pricing and same class (I). I probably have no option but to try HUCA (Hang Up, Call Again) till I find someone who is authorised. At least the other cases show they are totally similar as mine and give a precedent for a good outcome.
maybe the agents don't understand that the reason for the rebooking is that you have been INVOLUNTARY (that's the magic word) downgraded. Common mistake with call center agents. As soon as the involuntary flag is set the booking can be modified with much fewer restrictions.
Another problem could be that you could already and accidentally have accepted the change on the website. In case you have agreed to the change they might not be able to put you back in a business cabin.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 1:04 am

I explained the involuntary part a few times and they got it, but the people I spoke to were not authorised. The last agent said in so many words that indeed a refund or a rerouting would be the options but that he could not re-route. The SA +966 number has a dramatic complex choice menu, once I tried the 'complaint' route, but since I tried in the afternoon that was after Saudi working times and it stopped there. It could be the department you people reached and is authorised to do such changes was closed when I called.

And no, I haven't accepted the change on their website. I did receive an email of a change from I -> T class and a seat change on Monday but that was fully one-sided from them out, I guess this is what all happened to us. New tries today....will report back.

Last edited by atflyer; Feb 24, 2023 at 1:10 am
Old Feb 24, 2023, 1:15 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
I explained the involuntary part a few times and they got it, but the people I spoke to were not authorised. The last agent said in so many words that indeed a refund or a rerouting would be the options but that he could not re-route. The SA +966 number has a dramatic complex choice menu, once I tried the 'complaint' route, but since I tried in the afternoon that was after Saudi working times and it stopped there. It could be the department you people reached and is authorised to do such changes was closed when I called.

And no, I haven't accepted the change on their website. I did receive an email of a change from I -> T class and a seat change on Monday but that was fully one-sided from them out, I guess this is what all happened to us. New tries today....will report back.
good luck - but take into account that in Saudi Arabia Friday is thei holy day/free day of the week - "our Sunday"
Old Feb 24, 2023, 2:18 am

Yeah....I know Friday is difficult. Worst case next week. Flight is only end April so there is in that sense time.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
you can request an original route credit when you explain that SV has rebooked you due to a non acceptable service downgrade (no more biz on TUN-JED-TUN). keep your original booking and e-ticket to prove the original intended route.
when you agree to the SV downgrade to economy on TUN-JED-TUN be aware that you will just earn economy XP and economy miles for these segments (I heard they downgrade to the cheapest economy fare T). Flying Blue won't grant you business class XP as the fare bucket was changed and you received compensation.
PS the FB chat confirmed you can claim original routing XP and miles in this case.

I'd be very interested to hear how Flying Blue would actually respond to such an ORC request, regardless of what a chat agent may have said...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.