Cabo Verde (TACV) cancelation

Old Nov 2, 2022, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM, SIA, Emirates
Question Cabo Verde (TACV) cancelation

Cabo Verde Airlines canceled my flight from Lisbon to Praia (Santiago, Cape Verde) three consecutive days in a row. However, after the first cancelation I decided to change my plans, wrote them I'd cancel my reservation and requested a refund. Obviously I did not receive any reply. In the announcement of the cancelation they stated that "TACV will ensure passenger right in accordance with local legislation."

I'm not sure what "local legislation" implies here.
Since they were flying out of a European city, does that mean the are bound by European regulation?
Any recommendations for obtaining a refund?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 4:38 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Pelagus
Since they were flying out of a European city, does that mean the are bound by European regulation?
Yes , but be aware that airline has also some rights regarding schedule modifications up to a certain limit

Any recommendations for obtaining a refund?
Try to resolve it with the airline , if no concrete reply then try with portugal's national body for such matter (assuming portugal was the point of sales) .

If then no good solution , start a case with your bank or credit card provider to initiate a chargeback , but you need to gather evidences that airline dont respect the contract , and you sought for a regular solution without success due to lack of cooperation

I'm not sure what "local legislation" implies here.
This is standard BS from a template , dont worry about it
Pelagus likes this.

Last edited by fifty_two; Nov 3, 2022 at 5:04 am
Old Nov 3, 2022, 4:41 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by fifty_two
Yes , even though UK left the EU , the UK decided to keep the EU EC261 rules

Try to resolve it with the airline , if no concrete reply then try with UK's national body for such matter (assuming UK was the point of sales) . If then no good solution , start a case with your bank or credit/debit card provider to initiate a chargeback
What does the UK have to do with it? OP was flying from Lisbon.
Pelagus likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 4:46 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by dsf
What does the UK have to do with it? OP was flying from Lisbon.
i was reading too fast and my brain saw lisbon and thought it was london , sorry
dsf and Pelagus like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.