Saudia Business Class (777)

Old Oct 9, 2022, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Saudia Business Class (777)

Hey guys,
This might seem a little too unnecessary but for me it does play a role hahaha
So, I bought my first business class ticket! - on Saudia (which I'm also flying for the first time). I've figured out through the seat selection that my connecting flight will be a Triple Seven and I found out that the economy seat rows are in a 3-4-3 configuration which apparently are their 777's delivered till 2012. From currently 35 777s operated, those 6 have/had the old business class seats.

Does anyone know wether they are the old recliners or really the new flat bed ones with the "black framed tv screens". What's frustrating is that that route is most times flown with the modern business class (figured this out by the aircraft registration). But during that time of my flight, they stacked up the seats to the 3-4-3 economy and not the usual 3-3-3 which apparently have the new business class.

But was there maybe a retrofit/refurbish by Saudia for the older ones? Or do some of the planes delivered from 2013 have a 3-4-3 economy seating as well? Can't figure it out by the Business Class model since 2/3 of them have a 2-2-2 seating. My flight doesn't offer a first class nor is it the version with the 12 seater Business cabin, so they're out of speculation.

And from my research, there apparently was another 3 class version which isn't existent anymore, so there might have been a retrofit/refurbish?

If anyone has a clue on this, would be very helpful!! Thanks in advance!

Flyingas
Old Oct 11, 2022, 2:42 pm

So I fly Saudia quite frequently and their newer business class cabins are the ones that are 1-2-1 configuration and a first class suite are offered also in the plane. When I book flights I always look at the seat map as well as whether first class is available to purchase so I know its the newer configuration.

Also, you can check on expertflyer and if you see the fare classes for First I believe A and F then that plane has the newer config.
flyingas likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:11 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Flown biz in 2018 JED-CGK and I can confirm that even older 2 class B777 have lie flat seat, no wow effect but good and wide enough for sleeping. I can't remember whether it was the one with 9 or 10 seats per row in economy.
flyingas likes this.
Old May 11, 2023, 4:01 am

Programs: *G, OWE
Strange SV 777 seat map

Hello - bumping this thread as we just received a seat change notification for an SV flight in October - SV823 CGK-JED. I am curious as I can't find this seat map anywhere using the standard resources and the 3-4-2 layout in Y is quite rare. I am happy with the change as the previous seat map was showing the very high-density 77W with 14J in a 2-3-2 layout. I guess this could just be some sort of placeholder? Any insights gratefully received!
Old May 11, 2023, 4:07 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by NZZO
SV flight in October - SV823 CGK-JED..... guess this could just be some sort of placeholder? Any insights gratefully received!
as you said it must be either a mistake or the cabin will really be like that , but your flight is in october so dont get too excited , airline swap is pretty common thing , you cant be sure about plane until it takes off
Old May 12, 2023, 11:43 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Originally Posted by NZZO

Hello - bumping this thread as we just received a seat change notification for an SV flight in October - SV823 CGK-JED. I am curious as I can't find this seat map anywhere using the standard resources and the 3-4-2 layout in Y is quite rare. I am happy with the change as the previous seat map was showing the very high-density 77W with 14J in a 2-3-2 layout. I guess this could just be some sort of placeholder? Any insights gratefully received!
I was on the same flight two weeks ago on my way to MXP, seat map above is incorrect, there are some B777 originally 3 classes that have been refurbished scrapping F and changed into a small 12 J seats cabin and Y is 3-3-3. These planes are specifically designed to board as much as Haj/umrah pilgrims as possible, that are 90% of passengers as this night flight seems the one preferred by pilgrim groups. 2-2-2 J configuration may not be the best for privacy and seats are not the most upgraded with some minor hardware faults, but was nevertheless comfortable, I found the level of service on SV very good, a big improvement vs my last trip with them on 2018. On my return flight to CGK SV818 I was on the standard 30 J seats cabin, I did prefer the small 12 seats cabin being less crowded, more intimate. Just refer at the seat map shown on SV website that is correct.

Last edited by BobFF68; May 12, 2023 at 12:01 pm
Old May 13, 2023, 2:32 am

Programs: *G, OWE
Thank you BobFF68 . I appreciate the info.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.