Wiki Posts
Search

Oman Air - First Class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2022, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Oman Air - First Class

Hi

Next month I’m going home from MCT to Europe and I’m tempted to book Oman Air in F to LHR. As I understand Oman Air only have two 787-9 with F and they are exclusivly deployed to LHR.

is it worth the cost and how is the general product after the pandemic? Can’t really find much information in the first place about their F class.

F class lounge in Muscat looks pretty nice aswell, but some input from people here would be great.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 12:53 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Someone posted a review on YouTube so you could try searching there. It all looked like everything had gone back to pre pandemic normal. Their business class was exceptional so I’d have high expectations. So good I wouldn’t bother with F unless the money was meaningless.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 6:15 am

I posted a trip report earlier this year in the Trip Reports forum. Both out and back from LHR-MCT and vv was in F.

The Pearl of Arabia: A weekend in Oman via WY F - FlyerTalk Forums
SW7London likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold
Given that my usual carrier Emirates (and most of them to be fair) have raised the prices for FC considerably, I'm looking to book FC with Oman air.
The return leg involves a 14 hour layover in Muscat and I was wondering if I could leave the airport to do some exploring. If so, what's the process and can I leave my luggage at the airport ?
rt23456p likes this.

Last edited by chelseastu; Oct 8, 2022 at 1:48 pm
Old Oct 10, 2022, 11:20 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by chelseastu
Given that my usual carrier Emirates (and most of them to be fair) have raised the prices for FC considerably, I'm looking to book FC with Oman air.
The return leg involves a 14 hour layover in Muscat and I was wondering if I could leave the airport to do some exploring. If so, what's the process and can I leave my luggage at the airport ?
Oman business is much better than Emirates business IMO. First, unsure

I did read something about a free hotel for longer layovers, maybe worth looking into. I’d be suprised if you couldn’t leave the airport
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
I posted a trip report earlier this year in the Trip Reports forum. Both out and back from LHR-MCT and vv was in F.
Great trip report!
I went through with the booking. I will go in F in about 2 weeks from MCT to LHR and have atleast 6 hours in lounge in Muscat. Looking forward to it alot.
j.king likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by vivere
Great trip report!
I went through with the booking. I will go in F in about 2 weeks from MCT to LHR and have atleast 6 hours in lounge in Muscat. Looking forward to it alot.
Excellent! I’ll also be trying it in about 2 and a half weeks time and am looking forward to it too.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vessel18
Excellent! I’ll also be trying it in about 2 and a half weeks time and am looking forward to it too.
Maybe the same plane? I guess you also going to LHR. It’s a brilliant departure time since you have alot of time in the lounge before. This will be my first F ever so I’m hyped 😁
Old Oct 25, 2022, 4:40 am

Maybe the same plane? I guess you also going to LHR. It’s a brilliant departure time since you have alot of time in the lounge before. This will be my first F ever so I’m hyped 😁
Enjoy!

Yep, I’m doing BAH-MCT-LHR weekend after next, and have a 15 hour layover at MCT. I’ve booked the Aerotel, even I think that’s a little too long to spend in a lounge, haha!

Starting my outbound from LHR-BAH tonight with Gulf Air, Falcon Gold, which is another good product.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vessel18
Enjoy!

Yep, I’m doing BAH-MCT-LHR weekend after next, and have a 15 hour layover at MCT. I’ve booked the Aerotel, even I think that’s a little too long to spend in a lounge, haha!

Starting my outbound from LHR-BAH tonight with Gulf Air, Falcon Gold, which is another good product.
Intresting, I’m flying with Gulf Air tomorrow, but from FRA on the A321N, J is maybe not that impressive as the 787 from LHR, but atleast I’m looking forward to the Falcon Gold Lounge.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 6:49 am

Intresting, I’m flying with Gulf Air tomorrow, but from FRA on the A321N, J is maybe not that impressive as the 787 from LHR, but atleast I’m looking forward to the Falcon Gold Lounge.
Have a great flight tomorrow, and enjoy the lounge!
Old Nov 19, 2022, 2:01 pm

Looking at some award flights from Asia to Europe via AC. BKK-MCT (WY 816) in February has F for a very reasonable price.

Is WY fairly consistent with equipment, i.e. not changing at the last minute?

Also, I'd be arriving at MCT, with a layover, and then to FRA via GF in J. Would I have access to the WY F lounge as I am arriving in F and departing in J?

Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2022, 1:39 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lamphs
Looking at some award flights from Asia to Europe via AC. BKK-MCT (WY 816) in February has F for a very reasonable price.

Is WY fairly consistent with equipment, i.e. not changing at the last minute?

Also, I'd be arriving at MCT, with a layover, and then to FRA via GF in J. Would I have access to the WY F lounge as I am arriving in F and departing in J?

Thanks!
Funny you should ask, I experienced both in the past week on a paid F itinerary.

On arrival from BKK in F, connecting to J to DXB, they refused me entry into the F lounge since there was no F on the connection - my argument that the entire itinerary was an F based fare and even their confirmation said F on the connection. Took half an hour of numerous phone calls before a supervisor was summoned and let me in without issues

Since you are connecting on a different airline I do not think you would have access to the F lounge, as your departure would need to use whatever GF pays for in MCT.

On the return, I was downgraded from F to a packed J cabin as they only have two aircraft with F cabins and one apparently went tech (at least that was the explanation I got). Would truly have appreciated if they notified me in DXB and rebooked me direct on EK instead of having to take a 6am flight to MCT and then a cramped J flight from ther (ok WY J is not bad at all, but it is not F). I had to find out myself when my BP said F but with a J seat number

On the plus side I guess, I just made Sinbad Gold whatever that is worth
lamphs likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Funny you should ask, I experienced both in the past week on a paid F itinerary.

On arrival from BKK in F, connecting to J to DXB, they refused me entry into the F lounge since there was no F on the connection - my argument that the entire itinerary was an F based fare and even their confirmation said F on the connection. Took half an hour of numerous phone calls before a supervisor was summoned and let me in without issues

Since you are connecting on a different airline I do not think you would have access to the F lounge, as your departure would need to use whatever GF pays for in MCT.

On the return, I was downgraded from F to a packed J cabin as they only have two aircraft with F cabins and one apparently went tech (at least that was the explanation I got). Would truly have appreciated if they notified me in DXB and rebooked me direct on EK instead of having to take a 6am flight to MCT and then a cramped J flight from ther (ok WY J is not bad at all, but it is not F). I had to find out myself when my BP said F but with a J seat number

Thanks for this info. It is two or three of the F cabins that I have not experienced over the years. I wasn't sure which way the lounge situation would go. I had a SQ BWN-SIN-US flight, pre-COVID, BWN-SIN being F and SQ proactively gave me a Private Room pass at BWN. But I've experienced the opposite with JL, I believe. Anyhow, now that WY is an AC Aeroplan partner, I figured I should make an effort to try WY F.

Safe travels!
Old Feb 22, 2023, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by SKT-DK

Thanks for sharing. Do you remember if they had caviar service for your BKK to MCT leg?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.