Sheba Miles vs other Star Alliance miles

Old Sep 14, 22, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & Smiles | Elite
Sheba Miles vs other Star Alliance miles

Is there any way to see how many miles one will earn on an ET flight with another Star Alliance airline frequent flyer award program (TK) ? I see the Sheba Miles count before buying, but it's often lower when using other airlines. Is there any calculator for this?
Old Sep 14, 22, 3:26 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor Platinum / Hilton Diamond / TAP Miles&Go Gold / IHG One Platinum
Originally Posted by Evan Wilson View Post
Is there any way to see how many miles one will earn on an ET flight with another Star Alliance airline frequent flyer award program (TK) ?
You need to look for the corresponding table in partners charts

In the case of TK FPP (miles and smiles) flying on ET flight = https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-i...pian-airlines/

I see the Sheba Miles count before buying, but it's often lower when using other airlines.
In the case you mentionned , sheeba miles are irrelevant

Is there any calculator for this?
You need to check with every FFP website . If no calculator you can use websites like webflyer to have a gross idea of the distance , then do the maths
Goaguy likes this.
Old Sep 14, 22, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Is there any way to see how many miles one will earn on an ET flight with another Star Alliance airline frequent flyer award program (TK) ? I see the Sheba Miles count before buying, but it's often lower when using other airlines. Is there any calculator for this?
https://www.wheretocredit.com

it's not perfect, doesn't get into the programme subtleties, but I'm sure it will help.

The "calculator" facility is useful, allowing you to check the mileage on itineraries rather than calculating sector by sector
Goaguy likes this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 6:29 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Here you go:
https://www.wheretocredit.com

Every mileage programme has their own calculations. You can also visit the Mileage Programs website. E.g. for Turkish Airlines (Miles and Smiles), you can find out how ET flights are credited here:
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-a...pian-airlines/

In my experience, ShebaMiles is the best for accruing ET miles nowadays. Especially if you fly business class, as their notorious P-class credits nothing to most other mileage programs.
But if you are not mainly flying on ET metal, it is not very useful. And it can be difficult to redeem Shebamiles if you are not close to an ET sales office.

4+ years ago, almost all ET economy flights credited 100% to TK Miles and Smiles. Unfortunately, they stopped that.
B747-437B likes this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 2:32 pm

For Sheba, I used to think the sweet spot was how they consider Europe to be a load of -stan countries that are typically expensive ex-EU. It's expensive to fly to KZ.

They consider "Europe":

Albania, , Armenia ,Austria ,Belarus ,Belgium ,Bosnia And Herzegovina , Bulgaria ,Croatia ,Czech Republic ,Denmark ,Estonia ,Finland ,Former Yugoslav, Republic Of Macedonia ,France ,Georgia ,Germany ,Greece ,Hungary ,Iceland ,Ireland, Italy ,Kazakhstan ,Latvia ,Lithuania ,Luxembourg ,Macedonia ,Malta ,Moldova ,Montenegro ,Netherlands ,Norway ,Poland ,Portugal ,Romania ,Russia ,Russian Federation ,Scotland [The independent country LOL], United Kingdom ,Serbia ,Slovak Republic ,Slovakia ,Slovenia ,Spain ,Sweden ,Switzerland ,Turkey ,Turkmenistan ,Ukraine ,United Kingdom, Uzbekistan

Like redeeming on LO to NQZ would be 30,000 in Y and 45,000 in C and minimal taxes from anywhere in Europe and its B787 operated.

Is there another?
Old Sep 23, 22, 2:55 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor Platinum / Hilton Diamond / TAP Miles&Go Gold / IHG One Platinum
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
For Sheba, I used to think the sweet spot was how they consider Europe to be a load of -stan countries that are typically expensive ex-EU. It's expensive to fly to KZ.
True , you can fly to minor cities like SCO , CIT GUW and then fly around the country with KC or DV

Otherwise from europe (not sure about other parts of the world) then LO , PC or TK are the cheapest

Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
Like redeeming on LO to NQZ would be 30,000 in Y and 45,000 in C and minimal taxes from anywhere in Europe and its B787 operated.
Compare value of 30k/45k miles versus cash prices

Search this Thread